🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
does this make your mouth water a 1935 E silver certificate. got in change in Colorado this past week P1100598.JPG P1100599.JPG

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold boy: nice pickup in the wild. Wouldn't it be nice now to exchange that for $1 in actual SILVER coin, like it was intended for back in 1935.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
yea it would

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold boy: nice pickup in the wild. Wouldn't it be nice now to exchange that for $1 in actual SILVER coin, like it was intended for back in 1935.

Give me a $100 gold cert any day of the week.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Literally first heard of star notes today and went to the bank for $100 in singles. No star notes but I got a couple interesting serial numbers. 10070000, one that ends in 777, and one where the last two digits in the serial number drift up. I’m not into collecting these but am certainly interested in selling on eBay. I’m guessing I can sell the 777 bill to some down on their luck gambler for $5 and the rising serial number one for $5-10. Hoping to get $20-25 for the “quad” zeros six of a kind one. Used to be into coin roll hunting but it’s too hard to find the silvers now. I’m liking the note hunting a lot so far. Plus, my fingers don’t get as dirty as going through coins and my eyes don’t strain as much.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Customx: nice find on the 007 0000, a keeper for sure. Flip it at a coin show. I know my local McD manager so well that she lets look thru straps of $1, and replace whatever I take out. Several star notes over just a few months.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up some Silver Certificates at my local McDonald's today. Somebody must have searched grand dads closet or wallet, store manager said they all came out of the same cash register drop., consisted of (5)$1., and (1)$5.Silver certs. I wonder how many actually came in the register before the til was pulled?

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I worked at McDonald's back in the mid-1980's, I used to get Silver Certificates and United States Notes frequently. I remember one time an older man gave me a $10 for 2 books of gift certificates. He handed it to me face down. I noticed that it didn't have "In God We Trust" on the back and flipped it over to see it was a $10 Silver Certificate. I switched it with a $10 bill in my wallet on the way back to the safe to get the gift certificates. Most of the older bills that I got were in drive-thru.

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread