It was Raining Money - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: It was Raining Money

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3807 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    if I saw a Politician I hated Drop it, I'd Count the Money & Fight with My Conscience

Attachment 1738312

Seriously Though, My other post was in Jest,
    But Really ? the Money on the Road is Obviously Insured.
    Insurance rates will Never Drop No matter What !

Most People Don't check their Homeowners to see if it Covers $300.00 in a Wallet,
    They just Hurt. odds are if it does, their rate will increase. & They could eventually be paying Thousands More, as it will never revert Back to the old rate.

there is a Difference in my mind. I Would Not Judge someone who
    Picks up even A Bag of $50,000 in bills from The Street.
    & If on Their jury, they would either be acquitted or it would be a hung Jury.
    In my mind, something can be wrong and not illegal. I'm tired of hearing politicians justify their corruption by saying that its ok because they have not been charged or convicted of a crime.

Me? No question, I'd return every dollar. The insurance is pure rationalization IMO.

Would you return a lost item found on the highway that has identification on it? Although I consider a fracked gas company to be an enemy because they built a refinery adjacent to my old neighborhood and pours tons of carcinogens into the neighborhood, when I found a piece of their equipment that had fallen off a truck, I returned it (yes, I was tempted to take & destroy it).
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6371 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    In my mind, something can be wrong and not illegal. I'm tired of hearing politicians justify their corruption by saying that its ok because they have not been charged or convicted of a crime.

Me? No question, I'd return every dollar. The insurance is pure rationalization IMO.

Would you return a lost item found on the highway that has identification on it? Although I consider a fracked gas company to be an enemy because they built a refinery adjacent to my old neighborhood and pours tons of carcinogens into the neighborhood, when I found a piece of their equipment that had fallen off a truck, I returned it (yes, I was tempted to take & destroy it).
    I would return it because of my conscience but they can't expect to get it all back. They must already write it off. Not everyone has a conscience.
    Megalodon likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

us
    Dec 2020
    Union City, Michigan
    Nokta Makro Simplex
    108 times
    You have to show effort was made to return the item, otherwise, they could call it " theft by finding"....I guess it's a thing.

I remember a truck full of meat turned over on a highway in Texas when I was young....stopped traffic on both sides for EVER. Folks were running all over picking up packages of steaks and roasts. Mom....why does my porterhouse have road rash?

I found a 100 dollar bill laying on the sidewalk in front of the bank....brand new note. I thought it was a joke like maybe had a string attached or it was a fake advertisement.....so I stood and looked at it for a while. There wasn't any foot traffic to speak of, I waited for a few minutes for somebody to come around frantically looking at the ground, but nobody came along and I bent over and picked it up. It made me feel bad for whoever lost it, an elderly person or somebody who really needed it. There is no way to return that.....I mean, what are you going to say? Did anybody lose a hundred dollar bill? anyone? You'd likely have 4 people show up to claim it ha ha.
    Last edited by bmccombs; Dec 31, 2020 at 03:10 PM.

us
    Feb 2010
    Missouri
    2169 times
    Absolutely a crime to keep the money, as it should be. The money was not lost it was dropped. If I drop my wallet, whether I know it’s dropped or not, it is still a crime for you to keep it. As soon as the wallet leaves my pocket it’s not a free for all to see who can scoop it up quickest.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links