It was Raining Money
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: It was Raining Money

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4416 times
    Relic Hunting

It was Raining Money

Did anyone happen to catch the story of raining money here in Georgia this past week? An armored car traveling down I-285 had one of its rear doors to open spilling the contents of a money bag and $ 175,000.00 currency. Vehicles immediately began pulling to the side of the road and folks began scooping up cash from the roadway as if they were some grand prize winners on a game show. This was all captured on video along with some license plate numbers. A young man turned in about $ 1000.00 the next day that he had collected. I believe the last I heard, just under $ 2,000.00 has been returned thus far. Good luck on the rest.
    Last edited by devldog; Jul 14, 2019 at 12:29 PM.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    White's MXT Tesoro Cibola Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
    3882 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If i was in Advertising, I would quickly make a "Need to Get Away" commercial for an airline with its hub in Atlanta featuring these poor guys from the armored truck.
    Last edited by Megalodon; Jul 14, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    ebay: ulster-relic

Dec 2012
    port ewen ny
    AT-PRO
    7656 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    flash bangs will fly after the Feds kick the door down--- getting a good lawyer may not help--- even if ya pay him with the stolen cash------ best youze just turn yer sorry thievin' a$$ in at the PD--- whatcha gonna do............

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    10599 times
    Metal Detecting
    What? It's paper money flying around! It's lost, then found cash, not stolen. IMO. If I have a $20 fall out of my pocket on the sidewalk, and the person behind me picks it up, are they a thief? No. No different for an armored truck.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

The Bald Eagle photo...he/she posed for me, gave me it's best American look. I felt privileged to get the shot.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    92610 times
    Cache Hunting
    Finders Keepers
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
    35188 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    It must have been a very funny sight!
    devldog likes this.

us
    BILL

Jul 2015
    s.tier NY
    TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
    1129 times
    Metal Detecting
    imagine an armored car company that was to stupid to make sure the doors worked like they are suppose to , maybe they check things like that WHEN YOUR CARTING AROUND MILLIONS IN CASH....this ain't the first time it happened....DIMWITS..
    trdking, devldog and dieselfool like this.

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
    4416 times
    Relic Hunting
    I'd hate to be the driver of this armored car. Try explaining your way out of this situation. Doh!
    dieselfool likes this.

us
    George

Jun 2019
    Ak,Tn
    Minelab, Fisher
    727 times
    Prospecting
    Yikes pure stupidity there for sure.....
    devldog and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    42280 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    One time it happened they offered immunity to people to turn in the cash they had plate numbers then also but if they had your plate number say you came in to return what you took how do they know how much you took lol
    I thought they had an armed guard in the back
    dieselfool likes this.
    Still Available Approved TreasureNet Sticker $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 34 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy.................... Put it on my Trans Am FREE SHIPPING Street Racing My Trans Am W/Tnet Stick

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43852 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    If I would have Picked up $2500 & would have returned 30%
    Would have been like Paying my taxes
    dieselfool likes this.

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    3882 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    If I would have Picked up $2500 & would have returned 30%
    Would have been like Paying my taxes
    Could we then give you 30% of an honorable mention?
    dieselfool likes this.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

us
    May 2018
    A state of Resistance
    3882 times
    Surprised by some of the responses. Situational ethics. Had it been an old person at the grocery line accidentally dropping cash on the floor, would you keep it? Even if nobody else was watching? Does it make a difference that the cash was lost by a corporation?

I have found & returned several wallets and purses over the years. It never occurred to me to check for and take the cash.

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County, Pa.
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    43852 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Surprised by some of the responses. Situational ethics. Had it been an old person at the grocery line accidentally dropping cash on the floor, would you keep it? Even if nobody else was watching? Does it make a difference that the cash was lost by a corporation?

I have found & returned several wallets and purses over the years. It never occurred to me to check for and take the cash.

if I saw a Politician I hated Drop it, I'd Count the Money & Fight with My Conscience

Name:  index.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  16.5 KB

Seriously Though, My other post was in Jest,
    But Really ? the Money on the Road is Obviously Insured.
    Insurance rates will Never Drop No matter What !

Most People Don't check their Homeowners to see if it Covers $300.00 in a Wallet,
    They just Hurt. odds are if it does, their rate will increase. & They could eventually be paying Thousands More, as it will never revert Back to the old rate.

there is a Difference in my mind. I Would Not Judge someone who
    Picks up even A Bag of $50,000 in bills from The Street.
    & If on Their jury, they would either be acquitted or it would be a hung Jury.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Jul 30, 2019 at 03:05 PM.
    kingskid1611, dieselfool and Fat like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2015
    Oklahoma
    6419 times
    Yep it was already paid back through insurance. The driver probably lost his job and the beat goes on and the beat goes on....drums keep pounding rhythm to my brain.
    jeff of pa likes this.
    Tell me and I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll understand. - Tribe Unknown. Those that lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. - Blackfoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links