surprise in the pond.

dogfish

Greenie
May 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did not find this silver certificate recently but I figured the manner in witch it was found is worth posting. It was about 36 years ago my brothers and I were swimming on the family farm in TN and they were able to swim down and touch the bottom but I was to little to do the same. My brothers offered to pull me down and so down we went, when I reached bottom my feet squished in the mud and then we returned to the surface.
After the return to the surface I had what I thought was a leaf stuck between my toes and was wiggling my toes trying to get rid of it when I realized it felt like paper instead. Imagine my supersize when I pulled it from my toes and found this silver certificate dated 1957.

A couple years after that(around 12 years old) I was trying to raise money for my first motorcycle and called a bank to find out what it is worth and they said about a dollar so I put it away and I'm glad I did. I am currently building a cabin just up the hill from this pond and the sentimental value is priceless for me. I will be displaying it in the cabin when finished.

IMG_6927.PNG

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story, it will look good on the wall!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread