Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Pack of NEW CRISP Uncirculated consecutive Numbered
old style notes may have a Premium value on EBay

and the longer you hold them the higher they will go.

but don't expect Dealers to jump in
for a Very long time. .
only the uneducated Public.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
I was told the other day that the new $5 bill is being recalled....this supposedly came scond hand from a bank president....anyone else heard this?

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
It's definitely worth putting away a pack. The average life expectancy of a circulated $5 is about 16 months so uncirculated notes will be harder and harder to get soon.

I'm selling some uncir consecutive $5s on eBay right now in groups of 2 notes per auction and am seeing a really nice return on them.

OP
OP
secondcup

secondcup

May 11, 2006
Seacoast, New Hampshire
Scalper said:
The new $5.00 star notes are pulling in some nice $$$ on ebay fwiw ....

Wow! You aren't kidding. It looks like the cheapest deal is 2x face value, and then it goes up from there.

I've never tried getting a pack of star notes from a bank. They must be hard to come by, right? Otherwise everyone would have a pack to sell on eBay.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
secondcup said:
Scalper said:
The new $5.00 star notes are pulling in some nice $$$ on ebay fwiw ....

Wow! You aren't kidding. It looks like the cheapest deal is 2x face value, and then it goes up from there.

I've never tried getting a pack of star notes from a bank. They must be hard to come by, right? Otherwise everyone would have a pack to sell on eBay.

No I wasnt kidding they go for a nice preminum .. I havent tried to get any either but I am sure that they must be pretty hard to come by....

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
I've tried alot. I've gotten some but they're hard to come by. If you have an inside source at a bank though, you could clean up if you got a nice consecutive lot of stars.

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spotted my first colorized $5 on Saturday, in change from Baskin Robbins. It's not as purple as I thought it would be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions