The Pearl Ship

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
around 225 ft. long 40 ft. wide

If memory serves, that is considerably larger than the pearl ships used by Juan de Iturbe, which were more like 60 feet long maximum. De Iturbe had a shallow draft caravel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caravels#Design, not a galleon. If that is a ship, it is enormous. And the mystery object might be a vehicle too!
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Oroblanco said:
around 225 ft. long 40 ft. wide

If memory serves, that is considerably larger than the pearl ships used by Juan de Iturbe, which were more like 60 feet long maximum. De Iturbe had a shallow draft caravel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caravels#Design, not a galleon. If that is a ship, it is enormous. And the mystery object might be a vehicle too!
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Glad to hear someone else speak this theory.
This has been bugging me for quite a while.

PS> Happy new year Roy... and EVERYONE

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's highly unlikely to be a Spanish ship from that period, and not one of the pearl ships mentioned as the description by the Spanish them selves is for much smaller ships,

Caravels were as Oro says 60 to70 ft long, the Manila galleons which were specifically built to carry treasure from the new world to Spain were not much more than 100 to120 and the largest the Nao's were only about 130 to about 145,

the largest Spanish ship built, The Santisimo Trinidad, was only 215 ft long and that wasn't built until 1765, although it has a broader beam than the 40 ft mentioned, being 57ft and 120 guns. after being rebuilt with a further deck for the extra 8lb cannon,

John

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Everyone,
I hope the new year is treating everyone well ans all are in good health.... According to " legend " the ship was stuck when the water receded, which most likely would not be near any coastline. They were on their way back to the gulf and looking for deep enough water to keep moving, so with this in mind they most likely were in a river or the deepest part of the lake/sea. There are unknown or unexplained anomalies in a lot of the hilly terrains of the desert, but my belief is that it is in a flat sandy area. The ship was stuck, so they used small boats to go as far as they could and eventually walked to the gulf. I agree with Gollum, in that most of the ship has been disassembled and gone... Although I still think finding the ship's bell would be a HUGE coup..... I would love nothing better than finding this and rubbing it in the noses of some of the academics... lol

PLL

jackrook

Nov 1, 2010
Glendale, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pegleglooker said:
Greetings Everyone,
I hope the new year is treating everyone well ans all are in good health.... According to " legend " the ship was stuck when the water receded, which most likely would not be near any coastline. They were on their way back to the gulf and looking for deep enough water to keep moving, so with this in mind they most likely were in a river or the deepest part of the lake/sea. There are unknown or unexplained anomalies in a lot of the hilly terrains of the desert, but my belief is that it is in a flat sandy area. The ship was stuck, so they used small boats to go as far as they could and eventually walked to the gulf. I agree with Gollum, in that most of the ship has been disassembled and gone... Although I still think finding the ship's bell would be a HUGE coup..... I would love nothing better than finding this and rubbing it in the noses of some of the academics... lol

PLL

Do those in academia not believe this ship existed? Why aren't there expeditions to look for it? There is plenty of SPECULATION about where it is but shouldn't it be....RELATIVELY....easy to find with modern technology???

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, peg & jack: The Pinacates zone, sand, sand, & more sand plus the cones.

"South of the border, down Mexico way. There in a veil of sand, she lay to answer someones prayer.

Wil it be pegger? will it be jack, or even gully, who hasn't a prayer.

Ay yi yi yi , ---"

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. apol.to the original composer of a beautiful, nostalgic, song.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
hi, peg & jack: The Pinacates zone, sand, sand, & more sand plus the cones.

"South of the border, down Mexico way. There in a veil of sand, she lay to answer someones prayer.

Wil it be pegger? will it be jack, or even gully, who hasn't a prayer.

Ay yi yi yi , ---"

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. apol.to the original composer of a beautiful, nostalgic, song.

Only time will answer that question, but it is a certainty that no one whom is convinced that the ship was found and already removed, along with the pearl treasure can ever find it since they will not search for it. :dontknow:
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem for the academics is that there is no " proof " of a ship actually being lost and they would rather put their funding into looking for something with a more viable return. I tried to verify if Iturbe ( actually spelled Yturbe ) with a researcher at the Spanish Archives in Madrid, but the price was waaaay to high. As far as Tayopa's claim, there were a couple of old boats found in Mexico, one was the Explorer which was found twice ( here's the link to the first article http://dezertmagazine.com/mine/1942DM01/index.html ). The Explorer was a old Colorado river rear paddle boat based out of Yuma AZ.. The second one was found by a guy named Morlin Childers, but it as found somewhere in the Laguna Salada area... I posted a picture and story of his find earlier in this forum. But if one was to consider Mexico, then the Salada area makes a lot of sense....

PLL

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola gentlemen: well pegger is , not sure on oror? This ship as reported to me by the Indans, It in sand which occasionally is uncovered. It has been superficially entered, but no one seems to have excavated it when it was exposed. ut some ceremic pieces were removed. Where are they ?? SABE???

Check gully's house.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Aug 14, 2010
the spanish pearl ship was found over ten years ago by a friend of mine using a gemini 2 and it was never reported. but there are two more ships on or near the old Bradshaw hwy one is a Spanish galleon and the other is a older witch is viking

jackrook

Nov 1, 2010
Glendale, Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the spanish pearl ship was found over ten years ago by a friend of mine using a gemini 2 and it was never reported. but there are two more ships on or near the old Bradshaw hwy one is a Spanish galleon and the other is a older witch is viking

man way to make a splash with one of your first posts! please give us more info.

familyhunter

Oct 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont you hate it when someone says something is found and then doesnt say anymore, you should at least have the decency to present proof and maybe a gps coordinate since you cleaned it out allready for the people that are more interested in the history of the ship than the treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread