Bethlehem PA

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
We drive up from Maryland in December and I don't know the rules and regs regarding metal detecting. I did see that nearby Allentown requires a permit for county parks. Any feedback on Bethlehem (Lehigh county) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Optic

Attachments

• CrapHouse.jpg
    CrapHouse.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 295
OP
OP
Opticman

Opticman

Aug 10, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
OK So I picked up the phone and called the park commissioner for the City of Bethlehem.

"NO WAY"

OK so that answers that question. Allentown will give permit according to web site. Next call will be Lehigh County Parks commissioner.

Optic

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
bethlehem cops are very cool...I have never been kicked out of anywhere in Bethlehem......if you stay away from the historic areas.....go after musikfest and you can find jewelry and a ton of clad....don't worry about the parks commision people ....most of them wouldn't know a maple from an oak.......there are some obscure palces in bethlehen to detect if you have a small coil .....let me know when you are in town maybe we can get together.....there's not a lot in the regular Bethlehem parks anyway because they circa like 1940 on ....you've got to get off the beaten track..... aloha johny mc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread