🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much of the land around you is posted "No Trespassing"

Just curious. Seems everywhere I go to check out a new spot or woods, the property is posted "No Trespassing". I remember growing up as a kid and being able to go just about anywhere. Now I can't even take a walk through the woods unless it's a park. Just get's frustrating............. Yes, I'm venting :-\

Brian

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Re: How much of the land around you is posted "No Trespassing"

A lot!! I live in Berks County PA. and see more going up everyday. I think a lot of it has to do with a lack of respect for other peoples property (damage, dumping and unauthorized hunting). So I don't blame property owners for doing this but it has really ruined it for the rest of us.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC

All of it. Mine included.
Illegal dumping by illegal people is why I did it. I recently discovered a small mountain of trash being deposited beside my creek by a pickup filled with people of known but unnamed origin. I confronted them with a shotgun and they cleaned it up and departed. No Trespassing/dumping signs went up the next day. Shame really.
I also had some illegal hunting happening.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i

They are allllll over, shame really, around here its alot of tresspass hunting and the signs are fresh right around the opening of hunting season.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

None that I'm aware of, except any possible military facilities; though the closest is quite a bit away.

Mar 3, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70 , Ace 250

Allot of Land is Posted No Trespassing in the Tri-State area , where NY,NJ,Pa connect or upper Delaware region, Not Only is it posted but old colonial roads have Gates , and other devices to prevent people from Trespassing , Having Said this there is also quite a few places , that are uninhabited , for example a home may be located a mile away and it is not Posted , so :icon_pirat: ... The main places to avoid a historical protected areas , National park , and Game land .
Uses Google earth in your area , take a drive and check it out .

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30

All of it, so I stick to clad in parks and schools. You still get chased off those too. Gonna try for permission for a few of the farms that surround the area I live this spring...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

All the Woods for Several Square Miles Around me

"Rausch Creek Motor Sports" Owns it all
& Leases part to "Tower city Trail Riders"

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pretty much everything except my backyard

OP
OP
baspinall

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I pretty much thought that was the case. Don't get me wrong, I agree with 99% of the property owners reasoning to post. I guess growing up in an era when people had more respect for other peoples property just makes me look at things different. Heck, when we were little punks drinking some beers in the woods we would take the bottles & cans with us and not leave them lying there ;D Not the case anymore, to bad.

Brian

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30

So did we. We even brought a trash bag. I went back to that spot after realizing the the "sidewalk" in the woods was actually a mill site from the 1700's. That was 20 years later. It looked like a dump. There was even people's trash bags that they threw there instead of using the twice a week municiple pickup. I found nothing but trash and cans. The sidewalk was a foundation from a bottle factory buily near the mill that made tiny medicine bottles that I had found in the creek bed when I was young. Couldn't find any of those either...

johny mc.

May 18, 2005

I know folks will disagree....but those signs to me mean- no gun hunting...........not no metal detecting.......try as you might to get permission but after a while you know life's too short ......just my opinion .......aloha johny mc...

"in a few thousand years if not less, we'll all be covered with ice or dust anyway"

ac385

Jul 26, 2005
Ga

johny mc. said:
I know folks will disagree....but those signs to me mean- no gun hunting...........not no metal detecting.......try as you might to get permission but after a while you know life's too short ......just my opinion .......aloha johny mc...

"in a few thousand years if not less, we'll all be covered with ice or dust anyway"

All trespassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again. :thumbsup:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pretty much everything is private property around here. Railroads, companies, private landowners, government, commissions......its a shame too. Lots of old places sit empty, old foundations peeking out of the ground.....

Don't ask me how I saw em either.

Better shoot me a third time...just for good measure... :tongue3:

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread