Can't say that I've heard any but I've had some nice finds on Presque Isle. :D

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schrecky said:
Can't say that I've heard any but I've had some nice finds on Presque Isle. :D
What did ya find on Presque Isle?,If you don't mind me asking! Remember the guy that found the Whooly Mamoth tooth on P.I.?
Like you said...Can't say i've heard of any...But i'm SURE there is Plenty,Especially the P.I. Property,NOT the Beach but other areas...HH ALL!

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
[qIf you don't mind me asking! Remember the guy that found the Whooly Mamoth tooth on P.I.?

remember when they found the entire mammoth out in a lake in Girard, or Fairview about 20 years ago?

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davew0710 said:
[qIf you don't mind me asking! Remember the guy that found the Whooly Mamoth tooth on P.I.?

remember when they found the entire mammoth out in a lake in Girard, or Fairview about 20 years ago?
Yes i do!!! i have a thing for Whooly Mamoths since my hunting knife has whooly mamoth tusk bark as scales(handle)but the mamoth found in the "west counties" was before i got my knife but still remember!!! i wonder where that went? you know?? have a good one&HH!!!

Attachments

• Picture 525.jpg
    Picture 525.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 386
  • Picture 528.jpg
    Picture 528.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 409
  • Picture 531.jpg
    Picture 531.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 372

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
tokenhead said:
davew0710 said:

Yes i do!!! i have a thing for Whooly Mamoths since my hunting knife has whooly mamoth tusk bark as scales(handle)but the mamoth found in the "west counties" was before i got my knife but still remember!!! i wonder where that went? you know?? have a good one&HH!!!
[/quot

The mammoth ended up at Gannon University, in the anthropology dept. If i recall, Jude Kirkpatrick, head of anthro, was telling me that they found butchering marks on the bones. Also, I think that they found indications that the beast had been weighted done underwater in a kind of paleo period refrigerator.
I know it has been displayed at least once.
By the way, nice knife. Where did you pick it up with the mammoth ivory handle?

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although most of my hunts are at old homes or cellar holes I do love beach hunting at Presque Isle. I've found quite a few rings, although not specular, a couple of them were nice. Found a working watch and a $20 bill folded up in a piece of blue paper with a paper clip on it. Of course tons of clad and pull tabs Nothing like hunting there 4 or 5 hours and then laying on the beach and snoozing. :D

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davew0710 said:
tokenhead said:
davew0710 said:

[/quot

The mammoth ended up at Gannon University, in the anthropology dept. If i recall, Jude Kirkpatrick, head of anthro, was telling me that they found butchering marks on the bones. Also, I think that they found indications that the beast had been weighted done underwater in a kind of paleo period refrigerator.
I know it has been displayed at least once.
By the way, nice knife. Where did you pick it up with the mammoth ivory handle?
The knife was a gift from my brother-inlaw,he bought from a custom knife maker in Montanna,by the name of J.D.Barth.Thank's,I think it a beauty.almost don't want to use it!!! but EVERY knife he buy's(has about 150 or so customs!) is a "working" knife! meant to be USED! he bought it about 6yrs.ago,the value has increased dramaticaly...Thanks for the info. on the mamoth,i'll have to look into it! HH!

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Schrecky said:
Although most of my hunts are at old homes or cellar holes I do love beach hunting at Presque Isle. I've found quite a few rings, although not specular, a couple of them were nice. Found a working watch and a $20 bill folded up in a piece of blue paper with a paper clip on it. Of course tons of clad and pull tabs Nothing like hunting there 4 or 5 hours and then laying on the beach and snoozing. :D
AH your right,nothing better then laying on the beach snoozing!,Well?
HH!&Maybe we'll catch up some day on the P.I. take care!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions