My 1st Historical Society Meeting, WOW!

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
I visited my local historical society in December. This is when I signed up for a membership and browsed through some of the archives and met a couple of the long term members. They shared some history and showed me around their little collection. We got to talking about old maps, So I showed them the PENNPILOT sight. They were amazed by the photo of the old fairgrounds back in 1939. They asked me if I would like to meet some people that met people that was at the fair. Sure do. Anyways, last night we had our first meeting. I walked in and what do I see, they had the photo from pennpilot plus some others from pennpilot blown up to poster size and on display. We went on with the meeting, watched a video on the underground railroad and then mingled. This is where the WOW! comes in. I met one couple and within 5 minutes of careful listening, I had 3 real good leads on places to hunt come spring. I will spend the rest of these cold winter days down at the historical society. I would recommend that anyone wanting to find some good leads or look into your local history to contact your local historical society and sign up. But I warn you, It could get very addictive and you might meet some really nice people that know your backyard better then you do.............

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea, I don't know if Corry has a historical society. There is a nice museum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread