• W-Blink.gif
    W-Blink.gif
    163.7 KB · Views: 184

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
Welcome....I'm fairly new here myself, and I also hunt with my son (he's 10). You will find all you want to know about any type of treasure hunting on this site. There are also a lot of knowledgeable people on here that like to help others. Hope to see some of your finds.

Paul

OP
OP
Vanillacricket

Vanillacricket

Jan 28, 2009
Annville
Detector(s) used
Cheap One
Thanks P.B and welcome too:)

I do have a rather nobby question:D, we bought an old farm, its about 1860 with a barn ect. Where in heavens name could I start looking for anything? I have been lucky enough to find two arrowheads since thats my main hobby, but am curious if anyone knows bout these places

Cricket Btw my sons 8 and loves it:)

Kevo_DFX

Sep 5, 2008
Greensburg, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX
Greetings!

If your farm is that old, it very possibly could have stuff anywhere. BUT, if you want to focus on the aea that will produce the most CONCENTRATED finds, start you md'ing between the driveway/street and the front door.

God luck!
Kevo

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Cricket.

Im just N.e. of you in Western schuylkill county

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Welcome to TNet!

I also am new to this hobby and my son, age 13, will be starting to go with me since he has his own MDer now. You will find ALOT of information here and everyone is so helpful.

Sue

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Hey Cricket,
Keep checking in here . There is so much information in all the posts from the greatest people
who share the same interests as you. The old farms are my favorite. You should find things pretty near every place you run a metal detector. Don't ever think you have found it all. Things just keep turning up year after year in the same places that you checked last year. I have an old home site "over 100 years old" on my property and I find more relics every year. Good places are front door and back door areas. Doors to driveway area. House to barn. Try to find old outhouse site. Clothes line site. I could go on and on.
If you ever get up to Tioga or potter Counties, let me know and I can give you lots of sites to check out.
Metal detecting and just walking around finding relics is the greatest hobby. I don't plan on ever making lots of money at it. I don't sell anything that I have found. It all hangs on the walls in my basement rec room. Everyone who comes to my house just loves it.
Great hobby and the best forum you could ask for. Many people here are very happy to help you out.
Happy Hunting
Clayton

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here with us. We can never have too many Pennsylvanian's here. Some good places to check is a chicken coop, the floor of the barn (corners and maybe a trap door), or a large tree in the front yard. Look for a nail sticking out. A lot of times the farmers would put a nail in the tree to let them know which one has the buried loot. This is a great site with a lot of great people. Good luck and don't be a stranger.

OP
OP
Vanillacricket

Vanillacricket

Jan 28, 2009
Annville
Detector(s) used
Cheap One
I posted picts under the weather of my farm. I do have a chicken house as well as barn and an old milhouse garage and one shed left. Thanks for the info Ron, im not up on the treasure thing and could use all the help I can get:)

Cricket

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread