deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got done yelling at my boss...gotta work the next 3 days...figures :angry4: :BangHead:

Told him I had outdoor plans and he responded that at least it will be warm for work.
So I'm sure come Sunday...it'll be cold again.

Al

Update....weather says 34 and snow showers for Sunday... :cussing:

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Should have never answered the phone. Could have told him you were out of town and didn't think you would be called back to work this soon.

Sue

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
deepskyal said:
Just got done yelling at my boss...gotta work the next 3 days...figures :angry4: :BangHead:

Told him I had outdoor plans and he responded that at least it will be warm for work.
So I'm sure come Sunday...it'll be cold again.

Al

Update....weather says 34 and snow showers for Sunday... :cussing:

dagnabbit...told ya not to answer!! :'(

soopacee

Apr 27, 2008
Pottsville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dont mind cooler weather, or ever snow

ice and wind though.....they can kiss my (_)_)

the ground seems pretty decent though.....im sure if you get a little deeper though its still rough

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afternoon & cloudy and 39 Degrees here yet

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
skies were clear last night and it was beautiful out....woke up to ice and snow this morning. >:(

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I'm not used to this heat wave. I walked down town and back up the hill to my house and worked up a sweat in the process. Checked my thermometer, in the shade, and it read 50 degrees. Bring back the cold.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lumbercamp said:
I'm not used to this heat wave. I walked down town and back up the hill to my house and worked up a sweat in the process. Checked my thermometer, in the shade, and it read 50 degrees. Bring back the cold.

You want Slap accross the Head ? :D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:
lumbercamp said:

You want Slap accross the Head ? :D

slap him for me too?? lol

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Aw come on, be nice. I enjoy hiking and taking photos in the winter. We've been spoiled the last three winters which were mild compared to this year. The past winters i was out detecting in Dec and Jan. before the snow came. Cheer up, before you know it the warm weather will be here along with all the pesky ticks, punkies, mosquito's and for the faint of heart, snakes. An old friend of mine quit detecting every spring when it got warm because he was terrified of snakes.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Ya know, I think I'm ready to change my mind about this winter. I went on a hike yesterday and there was still 18" of snow in the woods. I'm ready for spring.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lumbercamp said:
Ya know, I think I'm ready to change my mind about this winter. I went on a hike yesterday and there was still 18" of snow in the woods. I'm ready for spring.

Lol...I know what you mean. I planned a detecting trip in the mountains one year. It was St.Patricks day weekend.
In Pittsburgh it was up in the high 60's.

Got to the mountains and there was still over a foot of snow on the ground. Pretty tough detecting. Found A beer can.....that was my weeks find.

I see, now that I got the weekend off...its currently 22 outside.

Al

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Deepskyal, from what you have written in the past, you have traveled near my area. My suggestion is, don't even think of heading up north yet. There are some bare areas that are frozen solid and other areas that will takes weeks (months) for the snow to melt. This is the old fashion winter that we used to get years ago with snow coming before bear season and lasting into April.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't Think I Had alot of Snow this Year.
I Havn't Shoveled any for 3 to 4 years now.

But Ice & Cold Temps just keep Coming this year.

I Heard the Geese were Flying on Friday

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Gosh Jeff, you live in the sunny south of Penna. I shoveled snow 23 different days this winter. The first being on Nov. 20. The snow just kept coming and after awhile all I could do was make a path on the sidewalks as there was no place to put any more snow.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We have not had any deep snow here this winter but being a place of business any accumulation at all must be shoveled and so I do hate when the white excrement falleth from the sky....besides that, I am a cold weather wimp and am the first to admit it. lol This morning it is 30 degrees and supposed to get up to the low 50's.....that actually sounds REAL nice after some of the temps this winter! ;D and I heard birds singing this morning when I stepped outside! YAY! :wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread