good weekend in Potter Co. turned out bad

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend Feb 20th to Feb 22nd me and 3 friends went Potter Co to do some coyote hunting and just a layed back weekend we were at a cabin in Costello we left at 11:30 Sunday morning for home about a mile down the road toward Wharton my friend Jamie got off the edge of the road for some reason and when he tryed to get back he started sliding and we hit pole that ruined our perfectly good weekend it was over in a few seconds blowed both air bags one person had minor injuries we had to get my son to come get us with his rollback he has an extra cab he was able to bring all of us along home got home 9:00 Sunday nite :( :o

Attachments

• tmpphpG3B706.jpg
    tmpphpG3B706.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 484
  • tmpphp9MFeC6.jpg
    tmpphp9MFeC6.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 484
  • tmpphpU2Q8z4.jpg
    tmpphpU2Q8z4.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 487
  • tmpphptcvpC1.jpg
    tmpphptcvpC1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 489
  • tmpphpTfVUq7.jpg
    tmpphpTfVUq7.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 483
  • tmpphpMRTsgm.jpg
    tmpphpMRTsgm.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 477

smurf-42

Sep 22, 2008
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
Just be glad there weren't more serious injuries or another vehicle involved. I would be counting my blessings.

Sue

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
smurf-42 said:
Just be glad there weren't more serious injuries or another vehicle involved. I would be counting my blessings.

Sue

Really...looks like those dents can be fixed...a life cannot.

Potter County...still beautiful....still lots of snow it looks like.

Get any coyotes?

Al

OP
OP
labradoodle of pa

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is what I told the guys be thankful no one else was coming or no one was seriously injured you can always replace or fix the vehicle my son has it at his shop waitng on insurance co to make up there mine it is probaly border line of being fixed or totaled didn't get any coyotes Bob

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I'm glad no body got seriously hurt. You can always get a new truck, but a new life cannot be done. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing and sorry you did not get any coyotes on this trip.

Do you detect in Costello. I have heard that is was flooded several years back. There may be a few good finds there. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
labradoodle of pa

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insurance Co totaled the truck My friend riding up front was bruised really bad doing good I have detected around the area found some old coins I bought a scraper blade for My tractor while we were up there need to go up and pick it up waiting for nice weather to go for the weekend and do some detecting while up there :) :icon_sunny:

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
That looks like the stretch of road between Nelson Run campground and the Wharton Tavern, I spun a wheel or two on that stretch myself and the Wharton Tavern had nothing to do with it!!

DK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions