Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Nel Tornando,
Garrett Carrot PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any detector is a good one.......just have fun

R

robbuckalew

The good thing about Md'ing is that it pays for itself, when used properly.
Save up your finds and cash in for an upgrade.

bstimely21

Jan 13, 2009
LEWISTOWN PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett PinPointer
I have two of these detectors...i have had one problem with both and that is the sound box has gone out on both, but thank god my father is good with electronics and has fixed both of them for me. Besides this it is a great detector. I have gone dtecting 5 times this year and have found over 60 coins total including an 1876 seated liberty dime. Price wise its great plus you want a detector that fits you and that you understand and are comfortable with. So go for it! :icon_pirat:

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I have one of these & once you learn it, I doubt you'll find anything better even for a $150 dollars more. It's an
old standby that has never lied to me, great for the price. Last week a friend called & asked if I could locate a
boundary stake, not hard to do with any detector, I set it to all metals, no discrimination & found it in less than
5 minutes, but got 2 tones. 4 days ago at work, he came by & thanked me again, I told him that a few inches to
the right of that peg, it showed a nickel down about 4 inches. 2 days ago he said he was curious & went scratching
& came up with a 1964 nickel & I think we might have another convert. Lucky for me, it's been dead on down to 8
inches. It's not always the machine, it's how well you learn to understand it.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three Bounty Hunter Tracker IV's, each with a different size coil.
......4".......8"......10"
Mostly relic hunt, cache hunt, and some coin shooting.
Very dependable and durable.

I typically hunt in all metal mode and no discrimination and dig everything that beeps.
Makes the guys mad that spend hundreds more on their detectors when I find more goodies than they do.

But then I dig at least 4 times as many targets as they do too. :tongue3:

GG~

BH.jpg

Attachments

• BH.jpg
    BH.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 378

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one too. As others have said it is a great machine for the money. I paid less than $100 for a new one on Amazon. I had done a lot of research and this one seemed to really get a lot of good reviews. It is a very easy machine to use. My 10 year old daughter has no problem with it (although I chopped down the shaft so that it fits her better). Once you get used to the two tones it gives in discrimination mode you really do have a pretty good idea of what you are digging most of the time.

Although I have to say I wonder what I could be missing. The BH has decent depth but unless you compare two models head to head in the exact same area you really never know. I sure don't regret the purchase. If nothing else my kids or a guest will use it if/when I upgrade to a better machine. This is my first machine and I'm new to the hobby. But it has been an excellent machine to get my feet wet with. And I expect that it will always be the machine that I migrate back to. I get the feeling your first machine always holds a special place in your heart. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions