🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did he have Coins in his Pocket ?

Daily Citizen, Iowa City, Iowa, 24 June 1893

An Oil-Well Shooter's Wagon with 200 Pounds of Glycerine
Overturned.

BRADFORD, Pa., June 24.---A terrible glycerine[sic] explosion occurred at an early hour near Guffey station. Andy Muldoon, an oil-well shooter, was on his way to Guffey to shoot a well. He had 200 quarts of glycerine[sic] in his wagon and while coming down a steep hill into Guffey station a wheel struck a large stone and the wagon was overturned. Nothing was found small pieces of flesh scattered through the woods. The shock was felt for 15 miles around and people in the vicinity were severely shocked.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Interesting Jeff, thanks. This is probably 10 minutes from where I sit now. I have found much history
& some old photos of Guffey & Shaner stations, but have never found this. Even today, this area is
still lonely & somewhat remote. And the roads are still steep getting down into Guffey Hollow unless
you approach it from US route 30. One road usually slides over the hill towards the Yough river every
10 years or so. Again, thanks for posting.

fng68

Nov 5, 2004
Beaver County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, X-Terra 70,Tiger Shark,Garrett CWIII,Ace 250
Yep Tube City,

Back in the day we used to go to Rocky's rib joint, and pass that area.I've often wondered about detecting that whole area.
There are alot of places along the Yough that might be good.
Ron

IrwinGal

Oct 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was googling Rocky's Rib Joint and came across this post. Albeit, several years after your post, just in case you see my reply I'd thought I say hey. Unfortunately I never made it inside Rocky's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread