Devils Hole in Monroe County???

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Re: Devil's Hole in Monroe County???

Interesting spot. I lived, grew up, and went to school in PA (NEPA). I wasn't involved in the hobby at the time, but I have "explored" numerous ruins in the Poconos and Wyoming counties. I can't wait to return with my detectors to explore some of these ruins in more "depth". Good luck hunting the site. It looks like fun.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i

Looks interesting, it would be really kick butt if it was an old ski resort.

How old would these cinder blocks be?

dhole14.jpg

I tried locating it through penn pilot, guess it was too wooded, so it probably wasnt a ski resort, maybe just a lodge?

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yes, I have been to Devil's Hole.

Very interesting area.

Is that on State Game Lands I cant remember. I remember the thought of being thrown out for detecting at the time when I considered it.
I used to fish it btw.

victhedog

Jun 24, 2008
Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
check this few years back lots of iron
plan on going back with better dectector see what i can pull out

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
garrett ATPRO garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok i hit this place before and so has a few people this place is right behide my mother's , fastest way to get to it and not track threw the woods is to go to mt pocono camp ground ask the owner if they mind you parking there and it's a few hundred feet behind camp ground. Sorry guys i lived here all my life .me uncle hit this when i was younger.If you have goggle earth put in pine hill road pa and you can see the camp ground and you zoom in behide camp ground you will see the old place and the fire place standing .HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread