"fitzgerald gang" looking for any info/leads????

Feb 23, 2009
Moscow-ish, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 w/7.5&3kHz coils
Re: "fitzgerald gang" looking for any info/leads????

stefpryce said:
Ive been all over the place looking for anything on the fitzgerald gang. Archives, news papers, you name it. The only thing that seems to come up anywhere is the short write-up in henson's book.?????

Here ya go......
If you've never used this tool before - simply make a 'time period' selectiont o narrow down your choices from the time-bar up top.

http://news.google.com/archivesearch?q="fitzgerald+gang"&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Search+Archives

Lemme know if you find anything new.
I didn't even check out the links myself.

-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm Not going to make it Easy for Ya :tongue3:

Not that I Don't want to

But you'll see what I Mean shortly.

Somewhere within This
list of Free Articles from October 1883

Is "MURDER IN PENNSYLVANIA.; A FORMER RESIDENT OF THIS CITY FOUND RIDDLED WITH SHOT. ...... THE PENSION SWINDLERS; MEMBERS OF THE FITZGERALD GANG DISBARRED. ...

Unsure if it's the Same Gang.

http://spiderbites.nytimes.com/free_1883/articles_1883_10_00000.html

OP
OP
stefpryce

stefpryce

Feb 22, 2010
Maine
Detector(s) used
f-70

Well thanks guys... i have hit both of these resources, im not ready to stop now, ill keep you posted.....

Rogerm069

Jun 5, 2006
New Albany, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher, White, Garrett

Hey Stef,
I did research on this a couple of years ago, I live in Downingtown and drove around Coatesville trying to match old maps which was very difficult because major highway (Rte 30) has been moved. I think or at least needs looked at. I read that he had a hide out on Hands Pass where it was high so he could see if anyone was coming. I found a collection of boulders on the highest point around. I couldn't do anything as a housing community was being built. I should check it out now as a few years passed.

Roger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions