Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say lets go for it. Ive been wanting to get out that way for a long time now.

Rogerm069

Jun 5, 2006
New Albany, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher, White, Garrett
I would do some scouting and try to get some kind of okay before setting up a trip, hate to see everyone possibly waste time and money gas is so high!
But hey who knows, keep us updated.
Thanks, Roger

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
This article is from the Reading Eagle 4/14/2011

Attachments

• welsh mountain.jpg
    welsh mountain.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 719

goochas

Greenie
Apr 14, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live about 20 minutes away in Ephrata. Just say when and I'm there. Been to Money Rocks a few times...

Sorry to jump in on the tail of the discussion, but I just registered here yesterday!

oldmaps

Aug 11, 2010
al , ms , fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari , ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of this area is a county park and it is okay to detect there. I have an 1876 atlas from Lancaster county and it shows a race track in the area. It would take alittle more research to pinpoint the exact location though.

ajl2004

Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welsh mountain

Alot of this area is a county park and it is okay to detect there. I have an 1876 atlas from Lancaster county and it shows a race track in the area. It would take alittle more research to pinpoint the exact location though.

Folks,

Has this expedition occurred? My daughter and I would like to join the hunt.

Welsh Mountain is mostly privately owned lands, such as the 19 acres I own and where I have built my home. You would need permission by the owners to access their lands.

There is a very small strip of county land for access to the 911 tower.

Andy

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Andy,

As far as I know it never happened, Still of interest to me though as soon as the weather breaks. I'm close, just south a bit.

Brian

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,

Has this expedition occurred? My daughter and I would like to join the hunt.

Welsh Mountain is mostly privately owned lands, such as the 19 acres I own and where I have built my home. You would need permission by the owners to access their lands.

There is a very small strip of county land for access to the 911 tower.

Andy

If you would like help hunting your 19 acres please PM me when we get a nice day. Down in Delaware county off 476 so not a long ride to Morgantown at all.
Thanks!

Mooseman115

Apr 30, 2013
ephrata,pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived on the north side for almost 20 years. I know a few of the land owners there. would love to search that area between me and some friends along time ago I know there s a few things hidden in the area. let me know if anyone would like to go.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM me, I am interested, and getting my MD back from service tomorrow!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I'd be in if yoiu guys head out. Come on warmer weather!!!!!

Brian

OP
OP
dmac730

dmac730

Nov 10, 2007
Reading, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
So sorry guys. I started this post and unfortunately life, family and job got in the way of a good treasure hunt. Things settled down now and I finally have weekends off. I'm in when ever anyone wants to go. I bet you guys thought I went and found millions and living on some pacific island....nah, still in Reading ,PA.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm heading out tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join up? Im north of Coatesville do not to far away. Not sure where yet but hey Im still gonna swing. If anyone's interested PM me.

CamperDave

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I was looking for, As I have not even purchased a MD yet, I was think of the Garrett ATP for my vacation at Myrtle Beach in May. But I thought what in the world would i do with it after that? I live in Morgantown and would love to hunt somewhere local with a group.

daryar79

Dec 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm a bit late to jump in here. I grew up at the base of Welsh Mountain and I can tell you that trespassing and asking for forgiveness is not a good idea. The people up there are good people but they have a history of handling things their own way, and people have "disappeared" up there. A few things to consider before the trek;

1. There are descendants from the Buzzard Gang still living there and they are sensitive in regards to their history.
2. Most of the families there come from generations of poverty. Many of these families lived in shacks and shanties, most had outhouses into the 70's and 80's.
3. Members of the Pagan Motorcycle club reside there.

Again, mostly, these are friendly people. If you drive through you will see some nice housing and some poor housing. Some of the folks will wave as you pass, some won't. But most prefer privacy and will defend it. I've seen it and wanted to offer warning; get permission. I am most interested in the history of this mountain and have considered a trek myself, but not onto private property. That's a game of Russian Roulette up there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread