French Creek state park

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i sent an email to the park manager (Eric Brown) askin the rules of "responsible" metal detecting in french creek state park and if a permit or something is needed to sign........anyway his response was.......

Dear...
there is no need to sign anything. the only areas you cannot detect at are the CCC area camps and any overnight areas. the rest of the park is open to this and abounds in many old foundations and such. if you have further question do not hesitate to contact me.
Eric
Eric Brown
park manager
French Creek State Park Complex
Elverson,Pa
610-582-9680

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! A polite, positive answer to your question. That's great.

Let us know how it goes there.
Al

Briz06

Jan 1, 2011
Phoenixville, PA
Detector(s) used
White's V3X, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats my neck of the woods, I live within 7 miles of 2 epic places that are off limits.. Valley Forge and Fricks Locks... I will have to head up there sometime... :icon_sunny:

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thats a great response. When I got my first detector I email'ed (out of ignorance) Drake Well State Park and politely requested permission to metal detect at the park. They responded stating the people who metal detect are thieves and people with detectors in the park will be arrested. (All they really had to do was say no)

lonestar1959

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2012
I have family 10 minutes away from that area we try to visit once a year.I am from Texas . I would like to hunt with y'all if it's okay next time we are in the area.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
Interesting to hear. Must say that response is as cordial as you could possibly hope for.
Bruce

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ridley creek is about the same.. can only use a prob and screwdriver to dig.. Manager sends you a letter to keep with you if you are stopped by a ranger. Some spots off limits..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread