Tioga & Bradford County

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Re: Tioga & Bradford County

Hey genweld, From Tioga Co. here. Welcome to the site you will learn a lot here. Go thru all the old posts and read them, there is a lot of good information in them. Not looking for any partners, I like to sail my ship alone. Good luck and happy trails to ya!!

cindy99

May 9, 2012
Middlebury Center PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I'm from Tioga County too (Middlebury Center). We are new to this - just bought a Garrett Ace 250 and the Garrett Pro Pinpointer. So far we have found a dime (in our own yard) and lots of old rusty nails.

Al/Lindley

Greenie
Jul 20, 2011
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
I'm from Lindley NY and have been going down to the old towns that were old coal towns near blossburg. so far my brother and i have been to Fallbrook and two weeks ago we went to Landrus. I have a minelab etrac but haven't found a whole lot with it yet.

bodkin55

Oct 8, 2007
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
F-75, Fisher 1280x, Explorer II, DFX, V3i, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi
I'm from Lindley NY and have been going down to the old towns that were old coal towns near blossburg. so far my brother and i have been to Fallbrook and two weeks ago we went to Landrus. I have a minelab etrac but haven't found a whole lot with it yet.

Be careful, Landrus is on state forest land and you are not allowed to hunt it. I wrote to the forest ranger and asked. He referred it to his boss who referred it to the Historical & Museum Commission and they said no way! My letter from the DCNR is posted in the ghost towns thread below.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/pennsylvania/228280-pennsylvania-ghost-towns.html

Last edited:

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Hi Cindy, I'm also from Middlebury orginally. Been doing tresure hunting for many years. Yea I have found many of rusty nails too, but also some good stuff. Just half to keep at it.

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
Hey Bodkin, I used to hunt Landrus a few years back when it was legal. I allways got permission first. Never did find much of anything there. I think those folks didn't have much loose change or anything of value to loose. They probably owed their paycheck to the company store. I now live in Tuscarora between Freeman and Elkland, so not to far from that area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread