Dreamland Park, Berks County

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Would you even need "permission"? I mean, isn't it the other way around: If there's no prohibitions (no laws or rules saying "no metal detectors"), the presto, I guess it's not prohibited.

If the county has a website, I'm sure the laws and rules are listed there. There may even be a subsection for the county parks, with the rules listed (dogs on leash, no alcahol, etc...). If there are no prohibitions about detecting, then why would you "need permission" (anymore so than permission to fly a frisbee, for instance).

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV & GC1023
I would love to get in there however, from what I hear the owner and residents will call the cops if they see anyone on the property that doesn't belong. I think a lot of it has to do with the murders that took place there.

I know that some of the old buildings are still standing from when it was an amusement park. Between it's past as a park, illegal gambling establishment and gang club house I would think some interesting items would turn up.

If anyone does get permission to metal detect there I would love to go.

Paul

OP
OP
M

mikhen

Jan 11, 2011
Oley, Berks County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Pb...That's exactly my thoughts. Imagine the possibilities. Just the park alone, then factor in the murders and gambling. I know someone that lives in the houses at the site. Too bad that won't get me anywhere.

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Pb...That's exactly my thoughts. Imagine the possibilities. Just the park alone, then factor in the murders and gambling. I know someone that lives in the houses at the site. Too bad that won't get me anywhere.

Those houses are rented. From what I hear some of the people who live on the property are a bit sketchy.

OP
OP
M

mikhen

Jan 11, 2011
Oley, Berks County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
The people I know that live there, and I only have been there once, don't know them that well, anyway, the house next to them, I guess has a bar in the basement. I don't mean a rec room type bar. I mean a bar where people come and go and buy drinks or whatever. I have no idea if it's a business type bar or just friends, but I think they would serve a kid on a tricycle, from what I've seen in that one visit.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be some aerials on Penn pilot.

I Unfortunately don't know exactly where to look for Dreamland

Sounds to me like there is/was a Speakeasy there.

But mainly just allot of Busy bodies & scared people
if they call the cops.

I Wouldn't think a speakeasy owner would want cops snooping.

Find the owners name, on the County tax site,
and try to contact him face to face.
may be as simple as asking.

Of course the fact he may have to alert the Neighbors,
& if they are a Bunch of scared little rabbits,
he may say no anyway to avoid the Hassle.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK looks like DREAMLAND RECREATION Co
WEST LAWN PA
owns it

I Won't list exact Name & address of contact person here.
You will need to do the Tax search yourself.
for complete info.
I think The man has been on the News allot. not sure if he;'s a politician or Lawyer, Or what
possible 78 years old,
But I heard the Name allot

here is a October 1958 View.

New Image.JPG

New Image.JPG

New Image.JPG

also read this

FindACase™ | ANTHONY P. FISCHETTI AND DAVID W. GEHRET v. RUSCOMBMANOR TOWNSHIP (02/16/82)

there is no sign of it in 1937

Last edited:

P.B. and Dylan

Dec 9, 2008
Berks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the info Jeff.

This story has interested me for a long time. I live in the area and occasionally hear stories about the place. About 2-3 years someone loaned me a book about the murders, and that really peaked my interest and I began doing more research. I found out who owned it but have not perused that any further. I had never come across that article in the paper about reopening it as a recreational area. That was in 1973 just 4 years after the murders! No wonder the residents were up in arms, I think they would still get the same reaction if they were to try it today.

On a side note about 25 years ago I was cruising around on my motorcycle and turned onto Dreamland Park road, I pulled off to the side to take a break, I was going to drive back the road out of curiosity but a very uncomfortable feeling came over me (like really bad vibe's) so I turned around and left and never went back.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i hunted there over 10 yrs ago, there are still a few small buildings standing and the remains of the dance hall. you can also tell where a couple of the rides used to be along with lots of scrap metal around. when i hunted up there it was summer so the area was grown and thick and hard to hunt, i do know i didn't find much.

rbford

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever detected there, or tried to get permission? I'd love to join in checking that place out, if anyone has access to it.Dark In The Park: Dreamland Park

I was there yesterday, I spent about 4 hours back in the woods exploring, shooting photos and just looking around, there isnt much left of the buildings and only a few of the smaller ones still have a roof on top. It was a very interesting time but heavily overgrown, and you have to make your own trails and paths. I have to say..its quite dangerious but very interesting at the same time.

DSC00036.JPG

garrettJL

Jul 19, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2,Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RBford, I hope you had permission to be there. The property is owned by a property management company. Cant remember the name but I used to deliver the heating oil to some of the houses back there. They were very clear about not allowing anyone in the area that used to be the park. If I can remember the name of the company I will post it. Who knows, management may have changed in the last few years and they may be a more relaxed in their policies. I used to know a guy that lived back there in the first house you come to

rbford

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2012
Baltimore, MD
Primary Interest:
Other
RBford, I hope you had permission to be there. The property is owned by a property management company. Cant remember the name but I used to deliver the heating oil to some of the houses back there. They were very clear about not allowing anyone in the area that used to be the park. If I can remember the name of the company I will post it. Who knows, management may have changed in the last few years and they may be a more relaxed in their policies. I used to know a guy that lived back there in the first house you come to

Yes I did actually, I went to the very first house down the road and asked them if it was ok to take a walk throught the woods and take a few pictures...The lady was a little grouchy and said "I dont give a damn what you do"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions