Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
soopacee said:
lookin for info on this cave on sharp mountain in Pottsville

dont know much detail, but i was told by this guy i know when he was younger they used to play in the cave......they had to swing on a vine over a valley/air pocket or whatever to get to it......anyone have a clue?

It's about 1 1/2 miles from The Pottsville Club, he said. Since the terrain is rocky, McKinney recommended participants wear boots or cleats.

"The cave is the size of a small room and includes two giant slabs of Pottsville conglomerate, rock which looks like sandstone containing multi-sized pebbles. It's nature's concrete," McKinney said.

The Pottsville Club is the old Ski Lodge

ow002034.jpg schuylkill_outside_gis-apps3048247615492.jpg ow002032.jpg

http://republicanherald.com/news/sh...s-part-of-bicentennial-celebration-1.1106215#

CaliGirl

Apr 18, 2011
Hi Rich, I don't know if you're still posting info from your old cave book, but was wondering if there was any info on caves in Northampton County? Anything in the Lehigh Valley? It would be great to explore a lesser known cave in this area... Thanks in advance! :icon_sunny:

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a note of sensibility: I would be very careful exploring any cave, and never alone. Be wary of rattlesnakes. Also, I do believe there is a guide that an author from Pennsylvania has and it lists all the caves in the state. I believe it is published by the state and gives their coordinates. This may be of help.

paulb1

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi rich im paul just got done reading your post there and i was just wondering if you might have any info on any caves in southern county york area one i know about a little is hobo cave off rt616 wondering u could tell me any thing about that one any history on it or give any other locations of caves in southern york county it be great thanks

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
Where is there a cave off of Rt. 616? It is not listed in the book.

OP
OP
Rich in Central PA

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi rich im paul just got done reading your post there and i was just wondering if you might have any info on any caves in southern county york area one i know about a little is hobo cave off rt616 wondering u could tell me any thing about that one any history on it or give any other locations of caves in southern york county it be great thanks

Paul, I'm sorry I don't have this "Pennsylvania Cave" book anymore. I don't have any info. Be careful, and the best of treasurehunting to you................Rich

gregg payne

Jul 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rich i believe we have the same book i lost mine about thirty years ago, it is quite informative . i would love to have some directions to some near pottstown so i may take my 14 year old son to some of the caves i have been to in my youth
thank you gregg

Hpg12

Jul 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Would you be able to give me any information Milroy and Alexander caves, a friend of mine and myself are interested in both of them. Thanks

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would you be able to give me any information Milroy and Alexander caves, a friend of mine and myself are interested in both of them. Thanks

Sent u a PM about this

ajo134

Jul 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rich. I have been in dragon cave in Berks County and would like to find out more about other surrounding caves. I grew up in this area and would like to find out more than I knew about it. If you have already copied the 17 pages I would appreciate it if you could please email them to me at [email protected] Thank you so much.

-Andrew

dc80

Apr 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any caves in upper dauphin county or just dauphin county

Navyguy05

Sep 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have in my possession a rare, out-of-print book on Pennsylvania caves distributed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Internal Affairs, Topographic and Geologic Survey, dated 1932 .

It gives detailed descriptions of every known cave in all the Pennsylvania counties..........including short stories of known hideouts of Robber David Lewis, Simon Girty, and others. Too much info to print here but if anybody needs additional info, I'd be glad to share it with you...................Rich

Rich... I am interested if there is anything for York county. More specifically eastern york county near wrightsville.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any caves in upper dauphin county or just dauphin county

Just Peewee Cave back behind the Lykens Reservoir

if you pick up the Klingerstown History it mentions a Cave across the Creek
from Erdman that the Kids used to set off Dynamite in.
for a cannon like effect.
Supposedly one day they used too Much Dynamite :laughing7:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here ya go DC

DSCF0005.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG

from KLINGERSTOWN BICENTENNIAL ALBUM 1807-2007

DSCF0008.JPG

0.jpg
DSCF0007.JPG

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

Last edited:

KinKin

Apr 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have in my possession a rare, out-of-print book on Pennsylvania caves distributed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Internal Affairs, Topographic and Geologic Survey, dated 1932 .

It gives detailed descriptions of every known cave in all the Pennsylvania counties..........including short stories of known hideouts of Robber David Lewis, Simon Girty, and others. Too much info to print here but if anybody needs additional info, I'd be glad to share it with you...................Rich

Hi Can you please look up these two caves in Northumberland County? Kiehl's Cave and Ron Martin Cave. We would like to know locations, accessibility and any other info you might have. Thank you very much!

bbarr1982

Greenie
Nov 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could I get something about Westmoreland county? Possibly something about the Rowley brothers who robbed gold and blew it shut in a cave?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions