Cornwall iron mine.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes,but what you need to understand is,the gold that was recovered from the iron mine was still locked up within the magnetite ore, and has not yet eroded out,the alluvial gold that is present in the streams ,south of there,is not from this mine,it is from long ,long ago eroded sources which there is no trace of any more,and the aluvial gold that is in south eastern pa is not all from glacial action,if you were to look at the appalachian gold belt that travels the eastern slopes ,from ala,all the way to nj,this region is within this belt,and the majority of the gold there is from sources long ago gone, my advice to you is not to plan your prospecting around these old mines that has had a trace of byproduct gold ,but reasearch the streams that has known gold occurences, there are a few,muddy run, most streams in york county,mainly southern end of it,mostly private property,so gaining access to good areas take a little effort. there is gold here,not alot,but more than most think!if you would like any help with any info ,of particular areas in pa,hit me with a pm, i am happy to help, always willing to help a fellow pa prospector,i have reseached these streams exstensivly ,and i have stomped most of them.i know what to exspect from most of the areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread