Gold Prospecting in Wind Gap PA

BrandonR

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I live in the poconos and am new to prospecting for gold. I ordered some panning kits, millers table, and some paydirt for practice. Thinking about a drudge also in the future. I have been doing a lot of research about glacial deposits of gold in PA and among many places I have found that Wind Gap is listed as being a very good place for gold prospecting as there are a lot of creeks and public places. I live very close to there and was wondering if anyone knew any places in the area to find gold on public land. Any help would be much appreciated and I look forward to doing some panning.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to be mean, and I don't know anything about prospecting other than what I see on TV.. BUT, if someone knew of a spot where then could pan for gold and find it, don't you think they would be out finding it and certainly not posting the location in a public internet forum?.. Just sayin..
I wish you luck, but I think it is kind of up to you to find the gold..

FeMontero

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2012
Montclair, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hear of tales of people finding a few flakes here and there in some creeks up there.
Would be interested to get up there.
If interested key me know and we could get out and prospect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread