Rocky Glen Park

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
sheeshhh I think I would swear of the wheels too.

I never liked Ferris Wheels, the little town I grew up in had a carnival every year and alway's put the Ferris Wheel on a hill. (Go Figure right) One year a little girl fell off, her seat was at the back of the wheel which was closer to the ground since it was on a hill and she didnt fall as far. Not that that makes it any better but she didnt get hurt "AS" bad. She was pretty bruised/scrapped up but otherwise ok with a day or two in the hospital. Turned out that it was not the fault of the wheel, but she wanted off and started climbing out of the seat and the person with her couldnt keep ahold of her. She was only about 6 or 7 yrs old I think (she was young anyways)

jocap

Mar 8, 2007
NV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to that park often as a kid when it was still open and I have hunted there a few times since it was shut down. Never did find much, minor amount of clad, beer tops, pull tabs and alot of miscellaneous junk.

Even though that park dates back in the early 1900's it has gone through many extensive remodelings and upgrades through out the years. Old areas were converted to make way for new rides ect. When it was finally abandoned they literally bulldozed everything into the ground. It's really a mess, with steel parts sticking out of the ground, trash and smashed beer bottles ect.

They have the area blocked off with large piles of dirt ect. to stop anyone from getting in but that doesn't stop many local teenagers and 20 somethings from using it as a party area. The local police have been called there many times because of fights, gun shots ect.

The times I've hunted there I was always cautious of anyone sneaking up on me while my headphones were on. It is known as a hangout for trouble.

HH

OP
OP
TeddyB1967

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
Wow, I think I would avoid that place after hearing that. Kinda sad that places like these close down and cease to exist. You would think someone would wanna buy them and keep things running.

mike in pa

May 6, 2007
stroudsburg pa
Detector(s) used
whites dfx/xlt
i was there when i was a kid we were at the saloon watching a show when the building caught on fire,man it sure did burn,used to like the gun fights the most,sounds like not that much has changed...lol.what a shame,i know we have home made videos of the place,looks a hell of a lot different now...if any one has found anthing good let us know.it was built back in the 1800:s.you would think there would be something.mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread