Knapping flint

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately... There isnt a source of any abundance. The occasional piece or two will come into our local artifact shows, but that is about it. If it is ever found in any 'amount', that site is like never shared anyway. Soo, ill still be looking forever too! :crybaby2:
I do have a garage full of other knapping material though... Pm me if you ever need or want some stuff. Im northeast, probably an hour or 2 from you....???
Good luck
Happy knapping

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Another choice for knapping should be obsidian. My neighbor and her partner came home from a dig with over 500 lbs that she is using to learn with. I still have about 1000 lbs that my wife uses to border the backyard shed. Arthritis make it VERY painful to knapp anything, or I would.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was looking for a source near him to collect for free. The local material here in Pa isnt quite the best for a new knapper to learn on, and being hard to get, be best for the new knapper to put away till he/she got better... And he posted this a long long time ago... So he probably left the site without an answer or just gave up entirely... Well any knappers feel free to contact me about it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions