🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On sundays I MD in the lernerville speedway parking lot and also there is a park right beside it that has two ball fields and a football field.

This place has lots of acreage and is great for the clad hunter on the weekends. I can usually pick up $10 to $20 in clad after a weekend of racing events there. I dig no deeper than three inches usually and most finds are just laying in the grass.

OK, so now for my post:

Lately there has been someone detecting there that has been using a big garden spade shovel for retrieving their finds. They are leaving giant holes all over and not even attempting to fill their plugs/holes at all. When I go through there I just pop coins out left and right in seconds with my little trowel and you would never even know I was there.

On the chance that the person doing this is reading this post and you hunt lernerville speedway. PLEASE STOP using the big shovel. The place is not that old, there is barely anything deep. I have hunted it for a long time. If the owners see all the giant holes dug up I'm sure signs will be soon to follow and all detecting will be banned, as the parking lot is used for campers and tents just about every weekend during the racing season.

If your hunting there and need advice on MDing or just want to say HI, I'm the guy with the jacked up white chevy with the roof rack, hard to miss my truck. I'll gladly show you how to pull a plug or how to just pop up coins with your trowel.

I saying all this because this place is a hunters heaven and it would be a real shame for any detectorist to lose it.

Hunt it all and leave a few zincolns for me to find so I can say I found something, but for all our sakes leave that damn spade in the truck !!

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post I never hunted down your way But now you have me thinking about it lol

jefatk

Dec 6, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10-20 bucks of clad sounds like a good day. I live by Sharon Speedway, I wonder if they would let me detect there??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread