oldest Catholic church building in Schuylkill county PA to be sold ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kz002018.jpg

Untitledeee.jpg

kz002019.jpg

Untitledq.jpg

Doesn't look like alot of Grass but

Untitlede.jpg

“In June 1842, the cornerstone of St. John the Baptist Church at Fourth and Howard Avenue was blessed and laid by Reverend Nicholas Steinbacher, S.J. This church enjoys the distinction of being the first Catholic church to be built in the county for the German-speaking Catholics,” according to the church’s 75th Diamond Jubilee booklet published in 1980.

Diocese plans to sell oldest Catholic church building in Schuylkill - News - Republican Herald

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops Sorry ! Pottsville

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up behind the Yuengling Brewery

oldest.jpg

Last edited:

mikhen

Jan 11, 2011
Oley, Berks County, Pa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
If it is owned by the Diocese of Allentown, good luck. They own an abandoned farm, with out buildings and many acres near me. They planned on building a school there, but that fell through. Now it is overgrown, and the buildings are falling apart. I very politely asked for permission to detect there. The answer I got was a very rude no, and if anyone is caught on that property they will be arrested.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is owned by the Diocese of Allentown, good luck. They own an abandoned farm, with out buildings and many acres near me. They planned on building a school there, but that fell through. Now it is overgrown, and the buildings are falling apart. I very politely asked for permission to detect there. The answer I got was a very rude no, and if anyone is caught on that property they will be arrested.

it's sad these people don't care about the communities they live
and make their money in :(

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread