Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To hunt "treasure" in or to explore?

I was a very active caver for 30 years and have "done" some of the nastiest, deepest, wettest holes in the Eastern USA.

Fantastic at Ellisons,, check, Butler, Wildcat, Schoolhouse, Bone-Norman, And dang near every available one in Pa too.

Got to the point where when new sinkholes opened up,, I would get the call and usually be the first in to evaluate the situation to whether
there is more imminent collapse. Too old,,as far as I am concerned now to continue on like that. Been in some very hairy spots too,, rising water,, cave ins, equipment failures.

Get with a local Grotto,, as much as I despise politics,, this is the only way to get into anything "good" anymore.

Hit

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was a very active caver for 30 years and have "done" some of the nastiest, deepest, wettest holes in the Eastern USA.

Fantastic at Ellisons,, check, Butler, Wildcat, Schoolhouse, Bone-Norman, And dang near every available one in Pa too.

Got to the point where when new sinkholes opened up,, I would get the call and usually be the first in to evaluate the situation to whether
there is more imminent collapse. Too old,,as far as I am concerned now to continue on like that. Been in some very hairy spots too,, rising water,, cave ins, equipment failures.

Get with a local Grotto,, as much as I despise politics,, this is the only way to get into anything "good" anymore.

Hit

Although when I was younger there wasn't much I wouldn't do.
besides under water Diving, that and Caving were probably the only things that
would have Tested my nerves.
I've been in cave Tours with no problem.

But Crawling on My stomach in a Blind Crevice, not knowing if I was going to have to crawl Backwards like a Worm at some point,
or worse Become a permanent fixture :laughing7:would have been my downfall

fear of the Bends would test me on Diving

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dc80

Apr 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know were the peewee one is at....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to the back of Peewee already, without a flashlight,
but it's not really that deep.
bugs by thy millions can be seen though when you get to the back and look towards the light, you get a reality check on how many bugs your breathing in there.

With all the Leaves, I thought of Snakes, But figured I'd worry after I get bit

And I've walked into abandoned mines without fear.
but always turned back when I had to step in Sulpher water to continue.
didn't want to test mud depth in them

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dc80

Apr 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hit
To hunt in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread