Campbells mill

Chuck Acorn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2010
Hi Monte,
I have investigated the Campbell's Mill site and I have detected there.. Nothing of interest was found . I imagine after all of the flooding over the years, most everything has been washed away . Somewhere I have a photo of when the mill and the camping area was there . There was once several cabins there . Lot's of weeds and underbrush and a hard area to detect .

Warlock

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2013
Westmorland County
Detector(s) used
Deeptech vista smart,tesoro bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Monte,
I have investigated the Campbell's Mill site and I have detected there.. Nothing of interest was found . I imagine after all of the flooding over the years, most everything has been washed away . Somewhere I have a photo of when the mill and the camping area was there . There was once several cabins there . Lot's of weeds and underbrush and a hard area to detect .

I have hunted it also nothing much to report...... so much flooding and silt watch for the snakes that place is infested... wear boots!

OP
OP
monte952003

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was thi,king about waiting till winter when all the knotweed is dead after hunting season

Chuck Acorn

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2010
Monte here's is a tip for you. Have yo ever heard of Meco Mines ? There once was a town by the name of Meco in Indiana County . If you know where Ferriers Run is then you are real close . Across the steam and up into the woods you will find old cement pillars in the woods where several buildings once stood. It is mostly over grown with tall trees now . I have detected some of that area but not nearly all of it . I have always planned on going back but I never have and I sort of lost interest in detecting because of my lack of time to get out . I found some interesting stuff there. A few Indian head pennies, an engraved sterling silver spoon, pocket watch parts, several old mine tags and various other items . It is an interesting area and I'm sure there is plenty more digging to do there . I spent about 2 hours there . Their are some old foundations in the woods there also. Good Luck ! I'm in Homer City Pa.

OP
OP
monte952003

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool I know where ferriers run is .is it directly across from parking area? And who owns it? If ya ever wanna do some detecting let me know

Retiredusne8

Greenie
Feb 1, 2017
Indiana County,PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro--
-Bounty Hunter Red Barron RB7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've fished around Ferriers run if you want to give it a try some time let me know I am in Blairsville also.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bradford reporter. (Towanda, Pa.), 20 Sept. 1860.
00.jpg
01.jpg

Bradford reporter. (Towanda, Pa.) 1844-1884, September 20, 1860, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

The evening telegraph. (Philadelphia [Pa.]), 10 Jan. 1870.
a.jpg
The evening telegraph. (Philadelphia [Pa.]) 1864-1918, January 10, 1870, FIFTH EDITION, Page 3, Image 3 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Democrat and sentinel.
(Ebensburg, Pa.), 17 May 1866.
0001.jpg
Democrat and sentinel. (Ebensburg, Pa.) 1853-1866, May 17, 1866, Page 2, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
monte952003

monte952003

May 11, 2014
Blairsville PA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT Pro
GARRETT GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure retired I checked it out last year and located the town just got some new equipment so I'd like to hit it again if your game.

Retiredusne8

Greenie
Feb 1, 2017
Indiana County,PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro--
-Bounty Hunter Red Barron RB7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to where the old covered bridge was (1804) at Campbell Mill attached photo of then and now and what I came up with.
IMG_0352.JPG

kintersburg-sept-1969.jpg

IMG_0350replacement.JPG

IMG_0351replacement.JPG

Don't know what happen to last two photo?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures Fixed.

Nice Finds & Photos

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds and great bridge picture. Nice work, I would love to detect this area. Keep up the great work and happy hunting.
-Cole Marie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread