gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many many places are fairly well hunted out by people who were there before you. The guys who got into detecting in the late 1960s and early 1970s cleaned out most of the easily available silver in many areas. There have been many folks with better detectors since then in many parts of the country, and they have cleaned out what the early hunters missed. In my part of N.Y. state all parks, schools, and most churches are now like your park, devoid if any old targets, and my area was populated since colonial days, but they have been well hunted for years. Luckily I was one of the few and first people with a detector here and dug plenty of great stuff back then, but even with the most sophisticated modern machines I cannot find any old targets at the sites I hunted years ago. In many areas these days getting permission to hunt old private property will be the only way you will find older goodies. Private residences will not usually have as many targets as public places like parks and schools but will be the only places one can find the older goodies. There are some who say a place is never hunted out, but they are mistaken unless one thinks hunting for forty hours for a missed dime or wheatie is fun. Good luck, I hope you get some good permissions and find some cool older stuff.

Last edited:

TimeSaver

Mar 24, 2014
nepa carbon co
Detector(s) used
garrett ATPRO garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe this will help you steve try this site www,historicaerials .com put the abby up top and there's a slide thing you see how it is now and back in the day to the date they have to. play around with it you might be surpise what you see years ago .

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, I sent you a PM, if you can not respond (may need more posts to send PM) just give me a ring on my cell.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive hunted Marshall and a couple others in town. I pulled one copper out of there years ago. I also pulled an old presidential token out of Everhart but that's about all the luck Ive had in those parks. They have been hit pretty hard through the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread