Treasure Chest Located in a Pa. cave / what do you see

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of our work in treasure hunting is in caves so we been working with video and camera equipment to go back into the smaller caves. A few weeks back we got this picture of what looks to be a Box or Treasure Chest back in the cave. The photo was taken with night vison . WE plan to return to the cave in a few weeks and try to get better pictures. I have put a drawing on one picture of what we think we see. IMAG0155-1-1-1.jpg IMAG0155-1-1-1-1-1-1.jpg IMAG0155-1-1.jpg
click on picture for larger image

Last edited:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a girl I saw in a movie once.. don't see any treasure..

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you finally found bigfoots lair!!! Great job.............

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S

stefen

Don't ya just love a mystery...

Keeps ya waiting with bated breath...:thumbsup:

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of these inexpensive borascopes taped to an extension poll and a laptop may help you solve the mystery.
borescope | eBay

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a caver for nearly 50 years. If you need to extract rock via simply moving or blasting, I doubt if it is anything, unless some breakdown in that area is recent. The project I am working on involves a cave also. Remember, moving a "treasure chest" through small areas can be really rough. I know how hard it is to move a caving pack in small places. By the pictures, I am assuming that view is down a pit. Is this cave a known cave or a new find?

My project is a colonial era one. The "treasure" was moved into a cave and the "containers" were very heavy. Lighting at the time would have been very minimal. I have a description of the cave and I think I may have located it, but the cave is either sealed or filled in by farmers. I try to put myself in the shoes of those who were burying their treasure and the conditions in which they worked. It makes a difference. Good luck with you find and please keep us updated.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree it looks like a complicated place to put a chest unless it dropped
from above, bounced in and accidentally landed in that position.
even so.. if the lid is open, all you could have is the chest.
of course all or part of what we see , could be an illusion.

but until you Look Big Bang Theory and the Schrodinger's Cat paradox come to mind.

right now it is Both A Full Treasure Chest & an illusion.

good Luck ! Keep us updated :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread