jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Columbian. (Bloomsburg, Pa.), 09 Dec. 1897.

1.jpg

Juniata sentinel and Republican. (Mifflintown, Juniata County, Pa.), 02 Feb. 1898

2.jpg

Last edited:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Mill Run in Pa. This is a town called Mill Run with a stream near it by the same name. Perhaps this could be the location instead of Altoona. A friend suggested this, "Why would they be using copper tools to mine gold? If it were a coal mine, I could maybe see using copper because of the potential for gas and dust explosions. The only gold I would expect to see in that location would be fool’s gold. The location could very well have an occurance of pyrite. Pyrite looks really pretty in the pan, but it ain’t gold". This would make sense since the Mill Run Pa has coal associated with it but the Altoona location does not.

Mill Run Pa.jpg

Bill W.

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2016
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer, Makro Racer & White's TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mill Run is a section of Altoona. 31st Street turns into Mill Run and ends where it meets Route 36. It does have a stream down through it called Mill Run.

-Bill

Dream on Don

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
Altoona, PA
Detector(s) used
etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on the info, the site appears to be located due west of Mapleton about 1 1/2 to 2 miles near the thousand steps at Jack's Mountain (along SR 22).

Dream on Don

Greenie
Jun 7, 2012
Altoona, PA
Detector(s) used
etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is quite interesting; anyone do exploritory detecting in the Singer article?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread