Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2012
Minersville, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out yesterday to MD these ghost towns. Silverton was posted and owned by a mining company, so I left there and headed out to Cressonville. When I started getting close to ground zero I found lot's of logging going on in the area. I really messed up because I decided to bushwhack my way up from the railroad bed rather than walking all the way down the river to the crossing area and following the old road up to the location. This made it tough because of the logging going on. Tree's were down everywhere, so I had to do allot of climbing over fallen tree's and branches. When I finally arrived at the location it was no better. Lot's of fallen tree's made it very hard to MD. I believe this area is getting ready to be strip mined because the whole way across the top of the mountain was cut down. I didn't spend much time there because I was getting very aggravated. I did find the depression shown in the last photo. My finds for the day was I rusted nut, 9 volt battery, lot's of rusted pieces of metal that looked like parts from old metal buckets, shotgun shell and another item that I'm not sure of. I need to clean it up tonight and get a better look at it. I guess this location will be totally mined soon.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out yesterday to MD these ghost towns. Silverton was posted and owned by a mining company, so I left there and headed out to Cressonville. When I started getting close to ground zero I found lot's of logging going on in the area. I really messed up because I decided to bushwhack my way up from the railroad bed rather than walking all the way down the river to the crossing area and following the old road up to the location. This made it tough because of the logging going on. Tree's were down everywhere, so I had to do allot of climbing over fallen tree's and branches. When I finally arrived at the location it was no better. Lot's of fallen tree's made it very hard to MD. I believe this area is getting ready to be strip mined because the whole way across the top of the mountain was cut down. I didn't spend much time there because I was getting very aggravated. I did find the depression shown in the last photo. My finds for the day was I rusted nut, 9 volt battery, lot's of rusted pieces of metal that looked like parts from old metal buckets, shotgun shell and another item that I'm not sure of. I need to clean it up tonight and get a better look at it. I guess this location will be totally mined soon.

Tuff Call on the Mining. a Few years ago they Clearcut Everything Behind My House.
I believe allot of it is Land owners selling the wood.

Cool you got out though.

will be a Bit Longer for me.
Friday I almost ended up in The Hospital.
Convinced my Family Dr. to see me instead.
&^%$ Angina acting up :(

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions