Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bjw said:
thanks..no need to leave a golf ball, I have a small box of those I found. The Memorial, well there have been one or two times that one of those were the only thing that kept me from being shutout. :)
Bruce

Yea Same here. Every little find counts.

Can probably get a dollar a dozen on golf Balls

Memorials 12 Cents if they didn't rot yet ;D

By the way at this point Looks like if I go out Saturday
I'll be alone so I may do somewhere else saturday
& wait till Sunday for deer Lake.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well decision was made for me Today.

I have a Birthday Party to attend Saturday.
So I'll see everyone who shows on Sunday.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DEER LAKE : Schuylkill County DREDGING STARTED Hunt on AUG 17, 2008

Deer Lake Hunt is on For Sunday the 17Th.

just Confirmed DK & I will be Heading out 8AM

Should Arrive 8:45 AM

& spend the Whole day.

Show up if you can.

JEFF

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Is there anything new or good going on at Deer lake? Im in Tamaqua looking for somewhere to check out. just joined this site today and hope to make some new friends.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Jeff

Havn't been back since & They havn't been going deep.

I wouldn't be surprised if the last heavy rains put it under water.

good luck if you try.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I have some other sites in mind, I am originally from jim thorpe, and know lehighton pretty good also. I know of a nice set of foundations along the lehigh where I had found a 2 cent piece awhile back looking for arrowheads. I have had my detector for about 10 years, used it very little but for some reason, I got the bug now.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff741972 said:
I have some other sites in mind, I am originally from jim thorpe, and know lehighton pretty good also. I know of a nice set of foundations along the lehigh where I had found a 2 cent piece awhile back looking for arrowheads. I have had my detector for about 10 years, used it very little but for some reason, I got the bug now.

:thumbsup:

Searched Ghost town in the Glen once.
I think it was in lehigh Gorge.

Tuff spot but intresting.

Was always Curious of the Castle (Church ?)
remains on the hill in Jim Thorpe.

What days do you usually have to hunt ?
Maybe we can meet sometime in between
ashland / Pottsville / Orwigsburg areas

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Well if you wanna check out the glen onoko park, its a state park now, a few years ago I talked to a dcnr guy while (trying) to detect and all he asked was if I found anything good. Glen onoko was a 1800s resort area with the falls and a train station and a hotel. The hotel sites is gone, washed into the river. The park area which is on the side of the mountain near the falls would probably be good, I never checked up there. I would say 10 years ago I had no patience and thats why I never got heavy into it.

The castle on the hill was recently purchased by someone, not sure what the heck they are doing but it looks like the put up a post for a mail box. That was a smaller mansion that burned and was originally built by what AI think was a Dr. Alot of history iin that town, I remember when I worked pumping gas at the bp station down by the train station (now the sunoco) and one day while walking up broadway I found a flying eagle in the gutter!!!!

I am usually available on saturdays, there is one spot near allentown I am itching to get to, another throw back to arrowhead hunting where I found an indian head cent, the field is in wheat or someting now, tall grass anyways, Menonnite guy farms it and had mentioned to me that a MD would be the ticket down there, seems he had found some large cents there also!!!!

Is there some kind of club for the area we are in?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff741972 said:
Well if you wanna check out the glen onoko park, its a state park now, a few years ago I talked to a dcnr guy while (trying) to detect and all he asked was if I found anything good. Glen onoko was a 1800s resort area with the falls and a train station and a hotel. The hotel sites is gone, washed into the river. The park area which is on the side of the mountain near the falls would probably be good, I never checked up there. I would say 10 years ago I had no patience and thats why I never got heavy into it.

The castle on the hill was recently purchased by someone, not sure what the heck they are doing but it looks like the put up a post for a mail box. That was a smaller mansion that burned and was originally built by what AI think was a Dr. Alot of history iin that town, I remember when I worked pumping gas at the bp station down by the train station (now the sunoco) and one day while walking up broadway I found a flying eagle in the gutter!!!!

I am usually available on saturdays, there is one spot near allentown I am itching to get to, another throw back to arrowhead hunting where I found an indian head cent, the field is in wheat or someting now, tall grass anyways, Menonnite guy farms it and had mentioned to me that a MD would be the ticket down there, seems he had found some large cents there also!!!!

Is there some kind of club for the area we are in?

I havn't been Traveling Great Distances lately because of Gas Prices
& needing to get my Jeep Tuned up or something drastically.
but would like to get to onoko Again sometime
Been about 7 - 8 years for me.

No Clubs I'm aware of Closer them Black Diamond up by Wilkes Barre
& May be one in Bucks

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
When going out the north? side of ashland toward mt carmel, is that grove on the right going down the hill any good?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff741972 said:
When going out the north? side of ashland toward mt carmel, is that grove on the right going down the hill any good?

I havn't searched it.

I Believe DKinPA Has.

I Know it's Old.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Another place I am researching now is manila grove I am thinking it is near coaldale hospital I havent been able to find much info on the web. The new road installed going into the hospital is named manila grove, and from looking at the old postcards, it may be on that hill, if the new road ran through the pavilion/restauraunt is unknown right now, figure saturday I will be scouting it out for a foundation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread