From night ghost pirate

night ghost pirate

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been checking out metal detecting in Pennsylvania state parks. I got 5 state parks that said yes. Rules for metal detecting makes it hard for you to find things in the ground . If you only can use a screwdriver , ice pick or a narrow pronged device . You have to be careful in taking out the object in the ground so you don't destroy the Turf and vegetation . It's going to be hard if a object is deep in the ground. You have to tell them what you find and taking out of the park. if you find historical or archaeological or potential historical or archaeological you must turn it in. I have some of my permission letters from the state parks . Not all state parks in Pennsylvania will let you too metal detect in there parks . I been making a list of parks that say yes and no. I think the beaches are going to be my best bet in finding something for me to keep for my self. Also some of the parks want you to call in before you come to the park and let them know you are coming so they can let the Rangers know you are going to be in the park metal detecting. You have too carry your permission letter and identification on you . They will check on you. Some will give a day permit and a time to metal detect. Some will give you a permit for the year and you have too renew it every new year. They have areas where you can't metal detect in state parks. I hope this information helps everyone out who metal detects in Pennsylvania. It would be nice if people would do same for their state parks and post information for metal detect in their state parks. It would make it easy for everyone to enjoy metal detecting and find places to go for metal detecting .

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the great state of Connecticut, in state parks can you search and dig on beaches. On land, no digging, but only what is on the surface. Good luck our new friend.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Great information about MD'ng in PA parks. So you will have a wider audience - I moved this thread over to Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, Night Ghost Pirate. Question - Can you post of a list of parks that you have already requested permission from, and whether they said yes or no?
Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread