New Castle, Pa.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mercer county jeff

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mercer county jeff
metal_detector.gif
Recorded you with Mercer County on What Pennsylvania County do you live in?.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi 49er12, I live in Pgh, but work in Cranberry. I hit Cascade Park in New Castle one time this summer for a couple hours. This park was once an amusement park, so pretty old and good potential, potentially. I checked out Penn Pilot (invaluable aerial photo website) and decided to hit the area of the park where the boat launch once was, didn't find much, but I'm sure there are some hidden pockets at this park. Good luck!!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also went to a balloon festival/ community fair at Scotland Meadow Park in New Castle. I'm not sure if this is an annual thing, but people surround the field across from the middle school with blankets and watch the hot air balloons through the weekend. Have to be some good targets in the perimeter of this field and in the fair area.

Hsimmons75

Dec 22, 2016
Lawrence Co., PA
Detector(s) used
1st Texas Titan 9000 (BH Time Ranger), Teknetics Patriot 11"DD with NEL Sharpshooter and Hunter, Deteknix X Pointer Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live very near to New Castle. I've detected Cascade Park too. I hit the old lake bed, mostly around where the diving boards were located. Found a few nice silvers from the 50's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread