Missed Oppurtunity

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I work in the area of General Braddocks defeat in 1755, right where the battle took place. As I left work yesterday at 3PM, I saw they had razed an old building dating from approx. 1880's. The foundation was cleared out and was about 25'x100' by 8' deep. I took my detector to work today and figured I would jump in there after work. Not even thinking much of old coins I was thinking of relics from the battle. The hole was open in the morning but by 3 o'clock they had partially filled it with junky debris. Oh well, better luck next time.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, You should have Bagged work ;)

Keep an Eye, Maybe the next one :)

OP
OP
Tubecity

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Didn't think of taking off the day, but there is plenty of demolition going on there and I'm sure I'll get another chance. Plus I know the woods pretty good going upriver in the direction of their retreat. I'm sure they scattered everywhere as the records say it was total disorder.

Jim West Pa

Aug 14, 2007
Mamont Pa.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hey Tube,
i can't help but allways wonder about the great relics burried down on the flatlands over there where the mills were. Same for south side. All that flat land i'm sure had many many settlers on it.Not to mention all along the Mon. over yer way.
Jim

OP
OP
Tubecity

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Jim, they say the first white settler in this area( ?Frazier?) had
a cabin at the mouth of Turtle Creek, but years ago the streambed
was moved upriver to enlarge the steel mill. I want to get in those
hills between there & McKeesport where Queen Aliquippa had