Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure on ALL

& if ALL do,
definately not everywhere within the parks.
some have Designated areas.

But, with permission Metal detecting is allowed
In PA state Parks.

I hope this didn't confuse you more :P

Not to be confused with State Game Lands where nothing
can be removed except Game in Season.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
I just check out what they have listed on the billboard when you first enter a park. Most of them say no digging. A knife is not considered a digging tool, nor is a screwdriver. I have never had a problem at a State Park but, Jeff is right, some areas are off limits.

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
>:(Well I think that the Pa. Game Commission rules are a bit unfair and suggest every one here write the Pa. state Rep. They say that the game lands are for the use of ALL Pennsylvanians. Well there rules leaves out every one but the seasonal hunter. I hate to say this BUT my tax Dollars went into those game lands so why can't I use them for my hobby of detecting? Or do I have to kill something to use them?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greywolf said:
>:(Well I think that the Pa. Game Commission rules are a bit unfair and suggest every one here write the Pa. state Rep. They say that the game lands are for the use of ALL Pennsylvanians. Well there rules leaves out every one but the seasonal hunter. I hate to say this BUT my tax Dollars went into those game lands so why can't I use them for my hobby of detecting? Or do I have to kill something to use them?

I checked into this a few Years ago & Believe it
or Not, State Game lands are Not Supported by
the State. They are in a round about way though
through Gun Sales & Hunting licenses, fines, donations.
but not through Tax Dollars.
at least this is What I found in my research of the subject.

I never looked into who pays
the Game Rangers Saleries though.
Most likely through fines & the above also.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funded primarily by hunting and furtaker license sales; State Game Lands timber, mineral and oil/gas revenues; and a federal excise tax on sporting arms and ammunition; the Commission is almost entirely supported by hunters and trappers, or assets that have been procured with license dollars. The Commission does not receive state General Fund appropriations. More than half its annual revenue comes from license sales, a relatively fixed income source. License fees cannot be increased without approval of the General Assembly, and fee increases have historically come only about every 10 years.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?a=481&q=151287&pgcNav=|

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
Well gentleman over the years from 16 until a few years ago I bought hunting licence's And purchased firearms.and most likely paid some of the other taxes so I think I still have a reason to use the game lands ...!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread