Newish to Chester County PA - Looking for detector/treasure hunting buddies.

OnLikeVoltron

Sep 26, 2019
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy! I've been detecting for over 25 years. Got started in my teens when my parents bought me a Radio Shack detector and I never looked back. I moved to the Chester County area for work a little over a year ago from Boston. I've been out to a few spots... found a nice barber dime in Exton but nothing's really beat that yet. I haven't gone door knocking but would like to with some detecting buddies -- there are some great looking farm fields and farmhouses around me. I'm looking for a crew similar to the Hoover Boys (if you watch those guys on Youtube), they're my style. I'd consider starting a new club in the area if it makes sense and there's enough interest. I'm 40, work in tech/product, and love treasure hunting. I've also done a fair amount of bottle digging and gem hunting too. Looks like there was a lot of Native American activity around here and I'd love to go arrowhead hunting at some point. Hit me up if you're in the Chester County area and want to detect!

Last edited:

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m in Allegheny county, but check out Penn Pilot for aerial photos back to the 1930’s for all of PA. May help determine which farm fields once had farm houses. Good luck. Post your finds on Today’s Finds and I’m sure you will eventually hook up with some other detectorists in your area.

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in bucks county not too far. Usually do the beach but as it gets cooler and the ground moistens will start ground huntind. Not too familar with your area but if you like to company weekends are good for me.

qtdivergirl

Greenie
Nov 19, 2012
East Stroudsburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's PI Dual Pulse and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi - I'm in southern Chester county. Would love to go out with a group of people from around here

Mar 10, 2020
Downingtown, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm just down route 30 in Downingtown and always looking for a digging/arrowhead buddy! The Hoover Boys are great, would like to see a group like that formed in our area.

Last edited:

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chester County as well. I have a few buddies I detect with. We would welcome some new faces if you Guys and Gals want to get out. I'm on the road quite a bit these days but have weekends now and then.

Brian

OP
OP
O

OnLikeVoltron

Sep 26, 2019
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just logged back in here after my original post in September. Looks like there are a bunch of replies that I didn't know about! I think I'll have to adjust my email settings to get notified about replies. To all who replied... let me know when you're heading out and I'll meet up! I would be great to go out with some folks. Maybe we should start a Chester County-based detecting club :)

jws845

Nov 23, 2019
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Nox 600 & Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just on the Pa/De border and would love to meet up with a few folks for a hunt.

OP
OP
O

OnLikeVoltron

Sep 26, 2019
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like there are quite a few folks who would like to meet up. Pretty cool. In trying to think about the best way to do this, it might make sense to source a permission that will allow a handful of folks to detect. That way we can all meet and greet and then go detect. Maybe it will be the start to a new ChesCo club. I'm going to do a little research and see if I can find a permission that will let a few of us come out. Do the same if you're willing and report back. First one to get a permission for the group gets to name the new club! Or... at minimum I'll buy you a sandwich for lunch :)

Last edited:

ggarvine

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2021
Honeybrook, PA
Detector(s) used
VLF Treasure Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Honeybrook and have been interested in detecting since I was a kid. Used to detect the Delaware Seashore back in the mid 70s but the life happened. Lol!! Now thst I am getting near my 60's would like to resume detecting. I have a detector that I bougjt at a thrift store for $15. Would like to connect with some other experienced members that live in the general area so that I can go with on a hunt to relearn and to see what I could find.

Feel free to contact me if anyone wants someone to go with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread