Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000bbb.jpg
000ccc.jpg

000aaa.jpg

Woohoo ! I Think I Finally found a News Report of the One I saw.

Would have made me 11 Which I Can believe. Seems about Right.
Was a warm evening People out Enjoying the Weather .

Did Look like a shooting star (Fireball) But Gigantic like the size of a 2 Story House on Fire with a Long Tail.
Heard it coming , Sounded like a Jet about to Break over the trees, In view maybe 3 Seconds Tops(Probably 1 Second Really) & Heading N.E.

I Didn't see the Green Occupants with Antennae :coffee2:

I did Buy every U.F.O Magazine I saw on the Racks, &
Had my Mom looking for Issues for the next few years though,
For some reason

Last edited:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a series of meteors along the eastern seaboard in the spring of 1966, with the most dramatic one occurring on 25th April. I suspect that’s the one you remember. Maybe that newspaper report is from a few days after the event. It had the trajectory shown by the dotted line in the map below, stretching all the way from Baltimore to Montreal:

Fireball.jpg

It’s believed that, as it broke up, some material may have fallen in the Adirondack Mountains and other sparsely populated areas or unfavourable terrain for recovery. As far as I know, nothing has turned up.

There’s a detailed report as a pdf file here:

http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/...RASC..61..159M&defaultprint=YES&filetype=.pdf

I was in the Mojave Desert during the Leonid shower one year and it was breathtaking. There were meteors streaking though the sky for about 90 minutes and, at the peak of the shower, they were coming in faster than you could count them. I say 'coming in', but of course they were nowhere near as close to the ground as what you saw.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best I Can Track By Air Was Approximately this Track

000hhh.jpg

Maybe a Bit More N.E. Towards the Dam on the Right, because I remember one of My Friends
saying It crashed in the Dam ! and he actually ran down the path through the woods :tongue3:
even at a young age, I suspected it was Over the Atlantic By the time We Gasped

But The Red is the Line of Site Between Forests and the Yellow about where I was

000ggg.jpg

000zzz.jpg

I'd have Sworn at the Time it could have been taking the top of the Trees off , It looked that Low.

However, It could have been a Trick of Sight Due to Size and Sound.
I do have an Issue with Sound of it Coming, But it did make Everyone Turn and Look before it even Showed itself.
it's the Only thing that Confuses me the most about it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread