Pennsylvania's Lost Treasures (Paperback)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone have it ?

s-l500.jpg

am Wondering if it has an Index of Stories Included and if anyone Can Post the Index Page(s)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if anyone Cares :tongue3:

000uuu.jpg
000vvv.jpg
000www.jpg

pages 112 to 124 are tales of found treasures, unfound treasures , common sense rules etc.

Last edited:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50. The Legendary Treasure of Snake Spring Township

Would this be the Snake Spring Township of Bedford County? In my cave search of Bedford County, I located a couple of caves in the Snake Spring area. One was an open cave but unfortunately the land owner would not allow me near it. He ranted about an Indian silver mine story and thought the silver was in it and feared I would take it. Is that the treasure he alluded to? I assured him geologically, there was not silver to mine any way near there.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50. The Legendary Treasure of Snake Spring Township

Would this be the Snake Spring Township of Bedford County? In my cave search of Bedford County, I located a couple of caves in the Snake Spring area. One was an open cave but unfortunately the land owner would not allow me near it. He ranted about an Indian silver mine story and thought the silver was in it and feared I would take it. Is that the treasure he alluded to? I assured him geologically, there was not silver to mine any way near there.

Bedford :coffee2:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
supposedly behind hospital hill somewhere

Last edited:

Bumbalawski

Mar 2, 2015
Beans Cove Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hospital hill has quite a bit of cave activity, especially in the Rt. 30 road cut. I look for the road to open up there one day and eat cars. There is a sinkhole in the bank of the out patient parking lot and numerous sinkholes east of the hospital a few hundred feet. To the west is a bench that runs behind Sac's and goes north towards Morrison's Cove. The cave that I was denied permission to enter is on that bench. I know of may places along there where caves could be dug open. One place in particular intrigues me as the locals say that place is hollow under your feet and most will not even walk across it. As for the treasure, is that the "old Indians trading Ray silver" for goods legend, circa mid 1700's? Local legends says the Indians mined silver. But Indians did not do any mining and there are no silver deposits near Snake Springs for hundreds of miles. Could you post what this 'treasure' is? I know that area pretty well.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hospital hill has quite a bit of cave activity, especially in the Rt. 30 road cut. I look for the road to open up there one day and eat cars. There is a sinkhole in the bank of the out patient parking lot and numerous sinkholes east of the hospital a few hundred feet. To the west is a bench that runs behind Sac's and goes north towards Morrison's Cove. The cave that I was denied permission to enter is on that bench. I know of may places along there where caves could be dug open. One place in particular intrigues me as the locals say that place is hollow under your feet and most will not even walk across it. As for the treasure, is that the "old Indians trading Ray silver" for goods legend, circa mid 1700's? Local legends says the Indians mined silver. But Indians did not do any mining and there are no silver deposits near Snake Springs for hundreds of miles. Could you post what this 'treasure' is? I know that area pretty well.

a silver cave/mine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread