Bedford County Historical Locations

tdc129

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2007
I'm am heading to Bedford County over the Holidays and have found some mentions of a few locations where I would like to detect. Problem is I've hit a road block with research and was wondering if anyone out there could help me out. The areas are as follows.

1. Union Army Entrenchment, Loysburg, PA. - For this one I know it is about 5 miles south of the town of Loysburg but haven't been able to find any other data to narrow it down more.

2. Fort Juniata, Juniata Crossings, PA - For this one I know the Fort is supposedly about 5 miles north of the town of Juniata Crossings, PA but again, that is it.

If anyone has any other info about these locations, or even any other places that would be of interest in Bedford County, please let me know. I would have loved to search the Bedford Springs but it has recently been renovated and there is little chance of getting anywhere near the propery to hunt. Too bad I wasnt detecting when the place was just standing there in disrepair.

MorningMist

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2007
PA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Eagle2sl
Hello :)
Sounds Like you Need My Help ,The Union Camp is Where The Trailer Park Is Now In Loysburg ,It Wasn't Really A Union Camp It was A Local Militia Made Up of Railroad Men From Altoona,Holidaysburg ,It only had A few Officers ,Same With The Other Gaps Snake Spring Gap ,And Up The Loysburg Gap The Trenches Are Still There But It Isn't a Good Place To detect Since There was no Action There .I searched There a Few Days about 10 Years ago and Never Found a Roundball,There is Lots Of Woods Up there So You might Find Something .There are Lots More To search for in Bedford Than You could Detect in a Few Lifetimes,Take For Instance The Battle Of Winchester VA ,The Union Army was Chased Up to Everett,The English Army was There For The French &Indian War ,They were Paid In Gold And There are Fields and Forests all Over The Place .And Ft Juniata ,Was a Protection Fort Like Ft.Piper ,Littleton ,Shirleysburg Etc .Juniata Crossing is Close To Breezewood ,They Just Put a New Bridge Across There Lots Of High Mountain and Woods There Plus the River.I could Go on and On .Hope This Helps .If you need more Help Email me at [email protected] Take care Dan'l

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread