Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not to far from there, about 45 min. Where are you at JD007? How far along are they on the construction?

Brian

OP
OP
J

JD007

Mar 11, 2007
PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I live up by Wilkes-barre...Too far for me with my work.. Only have torn them down and did some clean-up. Nothing else

Adigan

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2008
Dover, PA
I live outside of Lewisberry, near exit 32 on 83. They are getting ready to put a Walmart and some other stores in off exit 33 (Yocumtown), where the old Parkaway Parks campground was. They already leveled the remaining buildings on the property, and all the houses on the next street (on the south side of the campground) were also purchased and are sitting vacant. I am planning on calling the real estate company to see if I can get permission to MD there, as all the property is posted.

I used to live at the campground and MD'd some of the property while I lived there, best find was someone's wallet that had been stolen 7 years earlier. She was quite surprised when I called her.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The owner of this property is the owner of the Round The Clock Diner. I haven't had the chance to get in touch with him to ask permission. If anyone gets over there let me know. I am within 3 miles of this site.

He is planning a small strip shopping center. Lot of old foundations, driveways, and such.

jimya

Jul 14, 2009
Etters
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm IV
Wal-Mart owns all of this now. They purchased it for 9 mil from the owner of Deblin Construction. He had purchased it 3 years ago for 2 mil.

Adigan

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2008
Dover, PA
Jimya, are you talking about the old campground at Yocumtown? I see they have a job trailer there now with a new chain up on the road leading into the property. Supposedly, they were given final approval by the township and county to start construction around March 31st. One of the anchor stores is an Arbys...still waiting for my beef-n-cheddar!

jimya

Jul 14, 2009
Etters
Detector(s) used
Whites prizm IV
The last thing I heard is that they are having erosion and sediment plan issues. They would like to get fired up this summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread