deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Suppose to warm up here tomorrow...warming today but not quite enough for me to be comfortable. I'm definately going to go out tomorrow, barring any rain, and give my new DFX a try.
Suppose to hit in the 50's.
Al

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
Don I haven't been out recently but with the temps being higher the next few days and the rain last night I suspect the ground will soften up in the area around Reading. Actually the ground was/is frozen only on the surface. I plan on getting out the beginning of the week if not today. What park were you working?
BJW

OP
OP
dmac730

dmac730

Nov 10, 2007
Reading, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I was at Angelica Lake. There is construction going on there. I do believe they will be flooding the lake again when the work is done. If I had a babysitter today I'd be out there!

Don

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i`ll bet it is ok today. its warming up quick out there. yesterday the ground was frozen around here too, so i went out today and the ground is soft now.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
Don, from what I have read and heard they won't restore the lake. It is being turned into a wetlands area. I'll have to drive over to see where the construction is going on. Thanks for your reply!
BJW

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out yesterday....the ground was not frozen...but it was pure muck! Tough digging in soggy, sopping wet crap...for once wish I had a pinpointer. Nice thing tho...don't have to worry about the grass browning out in it.
3 hours found 4 quarters, 6 dimes, a nickle and 3 crusty zinc pennies...and a small metal car I havent cleaned up yet. Not a whole lot of trash suprisingly, but was my first day out with a new DFX and just ran the factory presets.
This park sure is kicking up dimes. Musta been a coin pitch area...I remember them as a kid at church picnics, where they'd have sawdust with coins mixed in for the kids to find. Over the years some silver found, mostly late 50's early 60's stuff...but I take what I can get. Found one Barber at the same park...just think it was a fluke tho.
Al

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
Don, I went over to Angelica Lake yesterday. The area I wanted to hunt was a mud bog and I came away without finding much. The construction of the walkways and small bridges pretty much confirms what I had been told. There won't be a lake just a wetlands habitat. It is a shame, IMO, that it won't be restored to the original configuration that dated back to, I believe, the late 1800's.
BJW

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is hard to believe how hard the ground is when it is frozen. It can even be hard to break it with a hammer and chisel, I have resorted to that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread