Ligonier Valley Library

ginnysdaddy

Aug 10, 2007
Jeannette, PA (Westmoreland Co.)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Gold digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Treasure Hunters!! I am in the Library located in Legonier, PA. The home of Fort Legonier(1700's). This Library is unique, becase it has a Pennsylvania Room, which is thousand and thousand of readings, maps, photos, free to see, and this Library is also located on the Lincoln Highway(Forbes Road). This is a treasure hunters paradise.....If ever in these parts, it is a must to visit this place, and fill your brain with lots of useful information....

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Them Pennsylvania rooms in librarys are great.

The Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh (Oakland) has one and it's a treasure in itself.

I read a diary from one of the original settlers of pennsylvania there. It was a woman's diary but it was sooooo unique in the way it was written, the way they spoke back then, and the stories she had.

She shot a wolf that was terrorizing her family. I just thought that was awesome.
Al

generik

Apr 11, 2007
Selinsgrove, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
They just don't make women like that anymore. ::)

Susquehanna U has a great PA room, so I am told. Honors students and faculty only. That's right... I never got through the doors.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
generik said:
They just don't make women like that anymore. ::)

Susquehanna U has a great PA room, so I am told. Honors students and faculty only. That's right... I never got through the doors.

That just sucks....the libraray that is. Now come to think of it...wouldnt mind having a woman like that about now. :thumbsup:
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread