deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang but been a busy couple weeks. Finally got moved into my new house...well the house isnt new, but new for me. Can't wait to detect the tiny yard.

It sits in Natrona, a bunch of old mill housing from the days. Fortunately, this place had been rehabed. But...many havent and sit abondened and decaying and are slated for demolition.....just like the house next door to me that went down two weeks before I closed on this.

I've been told since the houses are close together, property cannot be built on again because of the newer building codes and if i maintain the vacant lot next to me for 2 years, it becomes mine.

So now I have 2 yards to detect and I don't have to leave my block.

But wait...there's more. To the right of me is a row house that was in the stages of rehab but the owner gave up. 3 more yards right next to me...woohoo,,,

AND...directly behind me is an old wooden house about to fall down, a house across the street abandoned.....

It's a shame these places were let go...but so too is it a shame the mill is only a skeleton of what it used to be.

And now that things are greening-up...I see i got poison ivy growing up the old wood fence....guess I'll be wearing gloves when i find any good signals in my yard...or the neighbors... :wink:

Now if I can only find where I packed my detector and it quits raining. Kidding...I know darn well where all 3 of my detectors are! It's everything else that's still in boxes.

Have a good day all.
Al

generik

Apr 11, 2007
Selinsgrove, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V
I wonder if all the swimming pools in town are a way of taking over a neighboring lot? If you put a pool on it for two years?

The cemetary has a google earth suprise :)

Looks like you have a park to hunt as well. Good luck!

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
it certainly sounds like you have a number of possibilities without having to drive. I think you're going to have a fun summer!
BJW

OP
OP
deepskyal

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep....gonna be a good summer. Think I'm gonna hold off detecting the yards around me for days when I'm short on time since I dont have to drive anywhere. Still gotta do battle with poison ivy though...I'm not going to live with that around.

There is a park I'm pretty sure hasnt been detected. Not exactly the best looking crowd using it, but...mostly younger kids that I dont expect to give me any trouble.
There is a park along the river too...probably close to a mile long stretch along the river, plus ballfields.

Still putting the house in order...dang i have a lot of useless crap that needs put away. Maybe this weekend I'll finally get out.
Al

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
I know what you mean about useless crap! We moved last August & I still haven't emptied the basement of useless crap that we paid to move. Ah well it's paid for and it doesn't eat much. Have a good summer & watch your back in those places that make you uncomfortable.
BJW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread