slippery rock

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
happened to notice over 4th of july trip when we rode through s.r. an old building still in use that all of the walls i believe where rough cut limestone dark tan in color but in the one wall the stone mason had incorporated a large mill,grind stone (of course circular) into the mid-topright corner. its downtown anyone else notice this? i asked someone that was a native of s.r. and they said they had never noticed.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mcconnels's Mill Maybe ?

mcconnells_mills.gif

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I went to school at Slippery Rock. Please post a picture of what you are ferring to. Maybe I can help.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
maybe its considered a township instead of a town but the building is in the store /mainstreet of slippery rock . around the corner from the volunteer fire dept building. mcconnell mills is beautiful but that is between butler and worthington and the entrance is on highway 422. i think highway108 goes through S.R. hh goldie

jud

Greenie
Jul 29, 2008
When you go, before you cross the covered bridge, there is a large stone turtle coming out of the creek down the trail to the left of the bridge. Its about 50 to 100 yds down stream. I just saw it today. took pics on my phone but i cant get them onto the net.

Check it out, it might come in handy later :)

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
thanx for the info p-40 and also you get right to it. nice area s.r. cked wikipeda on some of the small towns lots of info. like the info from all the nice folks here hh goldie

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
COOOL!!!!! thanks for going to all that trouble. what an imagination that stone mason had . i that it was older also. cant what to be in pa again.

jud

Greenie
Jul 29, 2008
Wow i never noticed that stuff in the building. I mean i saw the wheel but the shell is pretty freakin cool.

OP
OP
goldie1959

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
i cant tell you guys how much i love t net and all the friendly replies and info. so dry here im afraid to dig. dug in my side yard sun. and its dry over a foot down. i think i need to rain dance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread