All Treasure Hunting
LAKEWOOD & LAKESIDE Parks Schuylkill county

!!!LAKEWOODD.jpg
!!!LakewoodPark.jpg

squeek

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2008
Re: LAKEWOOD & LAKESIDE Parks Schuylkill county

The blue lake in the center of the map represents lakewood park flood control dam. To the right of it is what is left of lakewood park. Lakeside park is where the five red stars appear on your map. It is now the lakeside ballroom. Lakeside dam has been empty and grown in for years. Getting permission to MD is rather difficult as both are posted as private property.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool Thanks squeek & Welcome to TreasureNet

looks like LAKEWOOD PARK ESTATES LLP in LEWISBERRY, PA
Own Lakewood

!!!!!BM004025.jpg
!CZ009030.jpg

And Lakeside

!schuylkill_outside_schesri2334426899751.jpg

by a couple on 5th avenue in Barnesville.
Who are Leasing some of it

!!!!!schuylkill_outside_schesri2334426899887.jpg

But may be running this Place on the site

!!!!!BM004025.jpg

Attachments

• !!!!!BM004025.jpg
    !!!!!BM004025.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 723
  • !!!!!DH004016.jpg
    !!!!!DH004016.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 936

squeek

Tenderfoot
Mar 24, 2008

I MD the lakewood park a few years ago before the ownership changed hands. At that time it was pretty well grown in and difficult to MD. Didn't find much only a few coins and some junk. However I have a friend that knows the owners at this time. I'll have to give him a holler and see if something can be arranged maybe for the fall when the weeds are down. Will let you know.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

squeek said:
I MD the lakewood park a few years ago before the ownership changed hands. At that time it was pretty well grown in and difficult to MD. Didn't find much only a few coins and some junk. However I have a friend that knows the owners at this time. I'll have to give him a holler and see if something can be arranged maybe for the fall when the weeds are down. Will let you know.

Cool Thanks ! It's a little bit of a ride for me Just to try & Find owners.

But I think either place Could be Productive.

Especially Fall or spring.

Jeff

Old Rerntern

May 19, 2008
Hegins, PA

Another GREAT Pennsylvania tradition goes by the wayside because of political correctness. :-[

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products

I am not to sure on what is going on at lakewood park, I know the property has been sold here recently but I do not think metal detecting would be a problem. I am very good friends with the previous owner but havent talked to him in a while. As far as lakeside goes, there is also no problem getting permission, I already have it, the owners are great people, I have been there several times and it can be very productive with some searching, my best find from the old boat launch/swimming area would be a 1797 george III cartwheel penny, in case anyone doesnt know this area is very close to the first school established in schuylkill county when the area was settled, something like that, I dont remember all of it. Lakeside as far as the old train station (now a house) has been hit very hard, still lots of goodies I'm sure, as far as the old swimming area, its loaded the only problem is there about 2 feet of mud sediment on top of the good stuff. I have found some good stuff but you need to get down about 2 feet and its loaded!! My detector was going crazy when I had a very large hole dug but it started to fill in with water so that was that. If anyone is interested in detecting it let me know maybe we can get together. Good Luck Hunting!!!!!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

richg said:
I am not to sure on what is going on at lakewood park, I know the property has been sold here recently but I do not think metal detecting would be a problem. I am very good friends with the previous owner but havent talked to him in a while. As far as lakeside goes, there is also no problem getting permission, I already have it, the owners are great people, I have been there several times and it can be very productive with some searching, my best find from the old boat launch/swimming area would be a 1797 george III cartwheel penny, in case anyone doesnt know this area is very close to the first school established in schuylkill county when the area was settled, something like that, I dont remember all of it. Lakeside as far as the old train station (now a house) has been hit very hard, still lots of goodies I'm sure, as far as the old swimming area, its loaded the only problem is there about 2 feet of mud sediment on top of the good stuff. I have found some good stuff but you need to get down about 2 feet and its loaded!! My detector was going crazy when I had a very large hole dug but it started to fill in with water so that was that. If anyone is interested in detecting it let me know maybe we can get together. Good Luck Hunting!!!!!

How's the place for weeds ?

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products

The weeds are high where the lake was, early spring is the best for that area. The areas around the ballroom, the lakeside beverage and all around the trailers that are there (some of it is a mobile home park now) is all groomed you will have no problem detecting any of those areas. That is lakeside, I have not been to lakewood lately I will have to get back to you on that one.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

richg said:
The weeds are high where the lake was, early spring is the best for that area. The areas around the ballroom, the lakeside beverage and all around the trailers that are there (some of it is a mobile home park now) is all groomed you will have no problem detecting any of those areas. That is lakeside, I have not been to lakewood lately I will have to get back to you on that one.

Just heard Yesterday at the County historical Society
Lakeside Has Just changed Hands again.

Not Changed on the Tax site Yet so Not 100% sure.

Will Contact you in the Spring Rich, to see what we can set up.

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products

Ok Jeff, sounds good, I did not hear that it has changed hands yet, do you mean the whole thing or just the beer distributorship? I think the beer distributorship was up for sale but I do know they were trying to sell the whole thing because the DEP would not let them dredge the lake and open it back up as a swimming area. I will check into this and get back to you. Rich

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't know he Mentiond the Ballroom reopening
& If I remember right he Mentiond the Restaurant.

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products

Jeff, lakewood was sold like 1.5 months ago however I do not know who the new owner is as of yet. As far as lakeside I am not hearing that the property has changed hands. I will keep you posted. Happy Hunting!! Rich

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i

Anything new on this? I am gonna take a peek at lakewood this afternoon, on the tax site it says about being owned by someone down by harrisburg.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i

Went to lakewood, well I guess the new owners really dont want anyone out there, lots of signs and threats of being towed.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hopefully they have a different attitude towards those who Ask
to Enter.

Still Shooting for the first spring warmup
before the Growth starts For both places.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

as far as I can tell from the Tax site.
Everything in red is owned by
LAKEWOOD PARK ESTATES LLP Lewisbury

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i

Yeah I seen that. I was hoping it was still kinda open, but now they have stuff across roads and all. This being the case even a peak wasnt worth the trouble. Im gonna try and do some research. The flood control lake (the one to the west) was divided into 3 properties, one lot that is 4.66 acres is still for sale for around 122k which gives you 1/3 ownership of that lake.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting