• Picture_093.jpg
    Picture_093.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 658
  • Picture_092.jpg
    Picture_092.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 438

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I was there this past weekend and they had put up signs warning of deep mud pockets, that it would be dangerous to go out on the lake bottom.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Nice photos. I spent a good bit of time hunting that area around Benezette &
Weedville. Still have the chance to spend time there as a few friends own property
around there. With the elk, it is beautiful country.

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
I gotta tell you something tubecity. My daughter goes to college in Allentown and one of her professors didn't know that there were elk in Penna. She had to write an essay on life in a small town and she wrote about bear roaming the main street of town and seeing elk in peoples back yards. She did get a good grade on it.
Years ago the Stevenson Dam was drawn down during the summer and the bottom was very dry and the mud was cracked from the heat. I was able to walk out and did find a few fishing lures.

Cokeman Sam

Feb 22, 2008
Hastings, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I had caught the very end of this story on the local news. I didn't catch the name of the place but knew as soon as I saw it. I have caught some nice fish out of there in the past, have seen the eagles, and almost hit one of those elk with my truck in between the dam and Sinnemahoning.

labradoodle of pa

Feb 3, 2008
newburg pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 Tesoro Vaquero and Tiger Shark bullseye prob
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up to Weedville Sept 13 and 14 I have a hunting camp at Brynedale turn up Clevenland Rd at the White Horse Tavern after I cut the grass I rode up to Potter County to visit some friends and also stopped by The park office to visit Jackie that works for DNR at Sinnemahoning State Park I couldn't belive how low the water was I have Detected there before didn't find much love the area been going up there since the early 60's nice pictures looks better full of water

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
I know the area & remember the White Horse Tavern, we always stopped at
Rico's Big Trout Inn when the original owner still had it. A grocery store sat
next to it then & we headed up the mountain toward St. Marys, & turned right
at the top & went back into the camp. Still some beautiful, rugged country.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW...i havn'i been down(or"up"as my uncles would say)to sinnamahoning for a few yrs.but know the dam well! my camp is in jericho/sinnamahoning&one in renovo my family(fathers side)began there.i've fished the dam,1st.fork of the sinnamahoning(my DAD's ashes were put in there!),mountoures(?)run,wykoff run,young womans creek...i could go on&on! anybody know any of the darrin clan?this is most defitnetly"GOD'S COUNTRY"&THE LAND OF THE ENDLESS MOUNTAINS" Thanks for the pic's,gotta get "up"there! what about willows? has carries be rebuilt? elk are always laying around willows area!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread